Forum friends visit!! Miniv, Susanne (and Keith)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisaremighty

Reaction score
Maryann (miniv), Susanne and her husband Keith, Daryl (BigDogs & LittleHorses) and myself got to have a visit this afternoon at Maryann's farm in Powell Butte. I had a great time seeing Daryl and Susanne again and meeting Keith for the first time!! Here are some pics I took during our get-together:

This first one is Daryl and Susanne with Jeffie:

1susdaryljeffie.jpg

Here is another one of Jeffie with Keith, Daryl, Susanne and Maryann's daughter Brianna:

1jeffieandgang.jpg

This is MA with Señor Virutas:

1machips.jpg

Here's a gorgeous little filly:

1filly.jpg

more pictures in the next post.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are just a few more pics!!

Daryl, Susanne and a couple of gorgeous colts!

1darylsusanne.jpg

This is Susanne with Brown Betty:

1susbrownbetty.jpg

And oops, where did this one come from? That is Maryann and a special little friend.
wink.gif
:

1mabird.jpg

I really enjoyed visiting with all of you today!!!

FUN! FUN! FUN! I sure wish I had a crowd like this come over to play with me!!!!

Gotta love that Jeffie. I tell you that it's a miracle the way that MA and Larry pulled him though and just look at how he is thriving.

Hey you guys......I'm next. Yalls come on down, ya hear?

Tricky girl, Kathy! I didn't see you take a couple of those..... Now we need a picture of you and Bucky!
wink.gif

MA

aktion033.gif
What a magical looking farm!......Yeah Mary Ann!
aktion033.gif

Looks as though everyone, especially the minis, had a wonderful time. How nice that you all got together! I've been meaning to PM Daryl, as his Forum name is hilarious! We have two St. Bernards and minis just like him!

It's nice to put faces with correspondence from the Forum....especially my Mini Mentor, MA! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy

Okay so I am offically jealous! Susanne didn't tell me that she would be visiting with Tangos' great grandpa, Raider. I've been wanting to meet him and Maryann for some time now...this is so not fair! Susanne you are never allow to leave your farm again with out me when you go on these little ventures! LOL!

BTW--your three brats were very good for me this weekend. I had to do a little "chasing" back to their own grain buckets, but we all worked it out. Got a few pictures too, but nothing to rave about as in most of them they had their heads deep down in those buckets munching away.

Erin

Yes, what a GREAT weekend!
aktion033.gif

Saturday, the Oregon Invitational Draft Horse Show, then today visiting Miniature Ventures.

I didn't have a clue what to expect today. I thought I might see maybe ten or so miniature horses. Seems like there was 80 there, if not more! What a place! It was great fun. Jeffie won my heart big time and was tempted to sneak him home in my Corolla.

It was nice to meet Maryann and Brianna and to see Kathy again.

Too tired to write more tonight. I have a camera full of pictures from both days that I'll dump into the puter tomorrow and post the good ones up here.

Stay tuned...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Daryl

My mind is still swimming from this wonderful weekend! I'll have a story for you all once I've recuperated just a bit.

Erin, I can't thank you enough for caring for our boys so well! We'll have to plan some day trip farm visits so that you can join us without us losing the services of our great minisitter!

What a delight meeting Maryann (I already felt as if I've always known her, and our online friendship just seemed to meld instantly into a real life friendship) and Brianna (such an amazing girl...wise and wonderful)...I only wish Larry could have been there.

It was so great to see Kathy again! An honorary member of the Scappoose contingent, it felt like a reunion!

And the horses...oh, my!!! Jeffy is such a darling, as are all the babies, and I think Flame (gorgeous sorrel Arenosa mare) and I are soulmates. I'm going to be in such trouble for not mentioning all the little ones who nibbled my hair and kissed my muzzle (see, I told you I'm pooped!)

Keith had a couple of little ones all over him (always the baby magnet!), and he's now convinced that our future holds more horses...

I promise...more later!

Kathy, thank you for sharing your visit. I enjoyed seeing MA and Larry's place and their pretty horses! AND finally getting to see what MA and everyone looks like! Maybe someday I can give more of you hugs too! Do any of you hug as good as Larry does?
laugh.gif

More photos please! Anyone get any of Kathy?
smile.gif

I'm jealous too and would have loved to have been there with you
yes.gif

Hey, names AND faces! What a shock! LOL. It never fails to astonish me to see PEOPLE, regular, ordinary people, where I have built up this picture of a fascinating spiritual being in my head. It's very humbling to realize what fantastic people (spirits) live in those packages we routinely see, both two- and four-legged.

Somehow the reminder that we are all human and in this together, flaws and warts and all, makes me feel like I am not alone and it's possible to love and be loved despite everything. And WHOA, where did all that come from?!
wacko.gif
Let me try something a little more traditional: great pictures, cute horses, thanks for sharing! It's nice to sort of "meet" everyone.
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to Daryl and Erin's pictures and Susanne's story.

Leia

That is great that you got to visit w/MA and Brianna!

susanne, do you realize that mare you are standing with (Betty) is Lailah's paternal grandmother? I finally have a photo of her!!! *LOL* I have been asking for one for a long time and there it is!!! With susanne in it!

Bonus!

It looks like you had a great time and I wish I coulda been there, too. 'stead, I was roasting here at home. I think we are headed over that way sometime next week, though.

Thanks for sharing your pics and I look forward to more of them!

Liz M.

REO said:
More photos please! Anyone get any of Kathy? 
smile.gif

427106[/snapback]

I sure as heck hope not!!
whistling.gif
Daryl was the only other one with a camera and I wouldn't have wanted to break it!!
wink.gif

Susanne, here is a picture of you and Flame:

1susflame.jpg

Oh, and oops, is that Maryann in that picture too? Why, it sure is!
biggrin.gif
I guess I'd better watch out, MA may just have the camera waiting and ready to take pics of ME next time and post them on here for the world to see.
whistling.gif
biggrin.gif

I have to tell you all, these are a great bunch of people.
aktion033.gif
I love to see pictures of minis, but I enjoy seeing (and sharing) pictures of the people who love minis just as much and would love to see more pictures posted of forum members and horses together!!

Liz, I posted that one of Brown Betty just for you as Maryann told us of her relation. Hey, if you come out this way and plan to stop by Miniature Ventures, let me know or have MA or Larry contact me, I'd love to come out and meet you, too!!

Ok, here are some more pictures!!

This is the whole gang, well except for me
biggrin.gif
(left to right, Keith, Daryl, Susanne, Maryann)

1flamegang.jpg

Keith loving on a little colt

1keithpaleface.jpg

And this is Daryl attempting to pick up a pocket pal and take him home

1daryl.jpg

Kathy, I keep saying this.....but you take pictures with an instinct for timing where you grab wonderful moments and capture animals' personalities. I'm glad you posted the photo of Brown Betty for Liz -- AND got those great shots of Flame with Susanne.

Meeting Susanne, Kieth, and Daryl was great. It was like getting together with people you've already known and just haven't seen for awhile.....or like we were just continuing conversations that we'd had before and went on from where we'd left off. And I especially felt like Susanne and I had been long time friends. We could have gone on and talked for HOURS.

They obviously made it home alright. Hopefully they didn't get lost dipping down through Prineville.

MA

Hopefully they didn't get lost dipping down through Prineville.

Nope -- but it turns out that Brother's Diner was the wrong restaurant -- but we ate there anyway...

Good thing I'm not terribly vain -- but I'm glad everyone was wearing sunglasses or my legs would have blinded them...heaven help me, but Richard Simmons comes to mind...

susanne said:
Hopefully they didn't get lost dipping down through Prineville.

Nope -- but it turns out that Brother's Diner was the wrong restaurant -- but we ate there anyway...

Good thing I'm not terribly vain -- but I'm glad everyone was wearing sunglasses or my legs would have blinded them...heaven help me, but Richard Simmons comes to mind...

427301[/snapback]

Susanne, did you get a sunburn at all? I got my first sunburn in years!
wacko.gif
It didn't look terribly bad when I got home, but it was definitely uncomfortable!
unsure.gif
Much better today!

Thanks Maryann. I still really don't feel that it's anything more than luck with my photos! LOL!
rolleyes.gif
I have two favorites of all 60 or so that I took yesterday. The first one is of Susanne with Jeffie eating her hat and the other fave is the one of you and Señor Virutas. His stance is so perfect!!

minisaremighty said:
Thanks Maryann.  I still really don't feel that it's anything more than luck with my photos! LOL!
rolleyes.gif
  I have two favorites of all 60 or so that I took yesterday.  The first one is of Susanne with Jeffie eating her hat and the other fave is the one of you and Señor Virutas.  His stance is so perfect!!

427521[/snapback]

Kathy, those are a couple of my favorites too...... BTW, what does "Virutas" mean???

unsure.gif

MA

Miniv said:
Kathy, those are a couple of my favorites too...... BTW, what does "Virutas" mean???

unsure.gif

MA

427552[/snapback]

It is "chips" in spanish. I was thinking you said his name meant "chips" in spanish and that's "virutas". But now I'm thinking you named him "Astilla"??? Is that right? When I did the look up on that it means "splinter" as in chip off the old block. Got it!
blush.gif

Oh dear.....NOW you've muddied the water! Which "Chips" should we use?????
laugh.gif

MA

Latest posts

Back