For those of you who love arabians....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
My mare, MB Shafeena's sire moved to Israel a few years ago and is now standing at stud in order to bring back some of the old egyptian arabian lines in Israel. I have a real love affair with this mare, I can't explain it, maybe it's because I swear she is more "human" like, understands me explicitly and is so very affectionate and loyal.

Here is her sire, Safeen (14 years old)

SafeenIsrael1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and my favorite pic of him

SafeenIsrael2.jpg

and the last pic.

SafeenIsrael3.jpg

This is the Arabian mare that I rasied up and really liked.. Lumigo was double Ferzon.

Lumigo_at_Show.jpg

And also the same Arabian as a 7 month old filly I had in the house~! And the 4 pics of her in the house were printed in a national Arabian magazine
aktion033.gif

109975eb.jpg

And here is my mare MB Shafeena (Safeen daughter) with my 29 year old rescue arabian (chestnut mare - Budjar El Sharifa)

Friends-1.JPG

They are beautiful
smile.gif
My best friend has Arabs. I got to ride her new mare not long ago, I was very impressed! I agree there is something in their personality or spirit that makes them unique. It is hard to explain, you just have to experience it yourself.

Absolutely breathtaking!
wub.gif
I love that last photo of him!
yes.gif

Arabians are my favorite "large" breed...and I had (and LOVED) three of them before I got my first mini. IMHO....they are the most exotic, delicately beautiful horses God ever made.
wub.gif
I still miss mine....but my neighbor owns six gorgeous Arabians that I enjoy watching every day.
yes.gif

....they are the most exotic, delicately beautiful horses God ever made.
You are soooooooooooooo very correct and unless you have owned one and felt the love and loyalty that this breed shares with humans, it's just not possible to describe, you have to experience it and "feel" it. There is such a stigma attached to the arabian breed by some and it's so very sad and so very untrue. Yes, they are or can be "spirited" but that is what makes them so beautiful, inside and out. They are a very "proud" breed . Give them love and the respect they deserve and you will have a friend for life!

This is our 30 yr old Naborr son. Your right Danielle! They are such people horses. I also have a Khemo daughter that I just love.

Kaylees141.jpg

Gotta admit....I started out with minis. Now we have riding horses too. My own is a Morgan/Arab cross (LOVE her!) And my daughter has a Khemo granddaughter that is a pocket-pet! I swear she wishes she was small enough to crawl into your lap if she could.....Never known a full sized horse like her.

MA

Beautiful! And so true about the spirit of this hot breed. This is my Polish Arabian Spyderman, shown at 20+ years old in each photo. My mother's horse, Bo, is Egyptian and Polish and absolutely gorgeous but I have no good pictures of him online at this time.

Sorry for the photo quality, these are stills from old video.

SpyderOceanRun2002_7.jpg

LessonCanter1.jpg

Leia

I know lovers of individual breeds all feel the same about their breed

but there truly is nothing in the world like an Arabian horse.

There is a reason they slept in the tents of their owners.

Their sensitive spirit is like no other.

My old Egyptian is 29 years old......the world will be a much poorer

place when he passes, although he still acts like a silly boy.

I absolutly love Arabians-secound to minis of course
smile.gif
! The stable I board Fever (my mini) at is an Arabian Show and Training Centre-Fever being only 1 of 2 non Arabians at the whole barn and I love seeing all the gorgeouse horses everyday.

I find it fascinating to say the least that many many miniature horse owners and breeders also have or had arabians.

Love all the pictures everyone shared of their beloved arabian "friend". Everyone one of them are pure "gems"
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

wub.gif
I am a arabian lover too. Can't you tell??

I have to say I believe that they are bred in love for people, almost like dogs. THye were kept in the tent with the families..They bond with ther owners and seem to be one people horses. i could tell stories of how they bonded with my kids. Even to the piont of saving my oldest dauthers life.

I have had as many as 8 arabs at one time. But they all seem to have this need to bond with one person. They are by far the best horses for kids I have ever seen in my many years around horses of all breeds. Once they bond with that child they become a team in every sence of the word.. they move and act as one.

I sold my arab mare 3 years ago
no.gif
I still miss her everyday, but I could no longer ride and she needed that. So sold her to a 14 yr old girl and they have bonded, are very happy. So I'm happy to for them.

This mare was as sweet as they come, but if I ever rode another horse she would beat the stuffing out of it when I put it back in the pasture.. yse she had green eyes LOL

I have always seen them as Gods horses.. truly smart, not beause they can be trained but because they truly do think... they reason they plan and interact with thier owners... maybe why some people do not like them.. they are too much horse.. LOL

But to some they are just right. my goal in my miniature is to breed little arabs.. not just in looks but in mind too. I think miniature are pretty smart too. But every horse breed ahs a ways to go to be like an arab
wink.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Oh danielle!!!! Thank you thank you for those pictures!!! You know my first breed was arabians and they are still my favorite![/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back