For Those Of You Who Enjoy Real Political Debates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
For those of you who like to watch political debates, the 3rd GOP Candidates' debate will air on Thursday, August 9 at 9pm ET on FOX News Channel.

Below is the current list of those scheduled to participate:

Herman Cain

Rick Santorum

Ron Paul

Tim Pawlenty

Michelle Bachmann

Mitt Romney

Jon Huntsman

Newt Gingrich

I've got "my short list" of three potential candidates that I really like so far, and two of them are scheduled to be a part of it. I can't wait to watch
default_smile.png

Here's a link: http://www.foxnews.c...ates/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
PS ML, if you're reading, the third of my favorites so far isn't Sarah Palin... though I still think she's awesome
default_biggrin.png

PS ML, if you're reading, the third of my favorites so far isn't Sarah Palin... though I still think she's awesome
default_biggrin.png
I really like Sarah Palin too, but NOT as a presidential candidate. I think she's political poison. The liberal media have done everything they can to destroy her, and many people will believe what they hear without really checking into what's said.

How do you feel about Herman Cain? I like this man a lot, but there are a few things about him I don't like. He's anti gay rights, and that bothers me greatly as we have many dear gay friends. But I think he's got a sound financial background, and I'd really like to see someone with financial know-how, rather than another lawyer, get into a position of leadership. Just not sure if I would vote for him at this point.

Not sure about Bachman's chances either. I think she's going to suffer because of her voting record.

Newt Gingrich.... ROFL!!! I wouldn't vote for that man if he were running unopposed! I remember his antics during the Clinton/Lewinsky proceedings, taking the high and mighty road while he had screwed around behind his own wife's back. The man has no integrity, IMO. He ended up marrying that "other woman." She's from a small town not too far from where I live.

Mitt Romney... if he couldn't even win the nomination last time around, why do the Repubs think he's actually be able to win the presidency?

Ron Paul... I actually wrote his name in during the last election. If ever there were a candidate who feels we should follow the letter of the Constitution, it's Ron Paul. Again, he doesn't have a chance.

I'm withholding comments on the others at this point. But all-in-all I do NOT think it is a stellar list of potential candidates. Heck, if Trump hadn't made such stupid and foolish comments while he was considering a run for the office, he might have won the nomination. He was doing very well in the polls, then made some stupid remarks. But for my money, I think he might have been the man to get us out of this economic mess.

Hey, Sandy --

Oh, I love Sarah Palin, but I think we have some good options now (especially if the one I want to say below jumps in). I think that Sarah Palin's calling is doing exactly what she has been doing and that's firing up our voter base. I adore her, but I think she's doing a lot of good for our country doing what she's been doing.

I love Herman Cain! I was not happy with what he said awhile back initially about Israel / Right of Return. I don't think he understood the question but he got right on it immediately after and worked out his view and standpoint. That is the ONLY thing I've heard from him that I didn't like. I love everything else I know about him when it comes to the National issues most important to me. He's firmly on my "short list of three" at this point.

Michelle Bachmann is another favorite of mine and while the media paints her as too extreme, I pretty much have to do a head nod with all I've heard about her stand points and I have liked all I've heard her say and when I get to the real scoop behind the left wing media haze, I am right there with Bachmann. She's getting a raw deal from the MSM -- go figure. Another on my List of Three.

The third one I have a lot of high hopes for is Rick Perry. I'm impressed with all I know so far about him, and I hope he will RUN!

That said it's early and I'm wanting to learn more and watch every debate there is to watch. I lack any excitement about Romney at this point but he does LOOK extremely presidential (shouldn't matter, but probably does). I'm not pulling for Gingrich but prior to one of the other debates, I pegged him as my last place (before the debate) but I liked his answers best after the debate. Not holding out much of a plan to vote for him with all the tormoil going on with his efforts, but just reminding myself to keep an open mind. Maybe Romney, Paul or one of the others I'm not "feeling" yet will impress me tomorrow night. I just cannot wait and I really, really hope the format works better than the CNN one last time.

Pass the popcorn -- it should be a great show!!!
popcorn.gif

PS -- my dream is a combination ticket with two of my current top three -- but it's a dream that's subject to change as we all see and learn more. I swear, though, ABO is a winning ticket as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder why Cain isn't going to be there? I was looking forward to hearing him answer the debate questions!

I like Rick Perry to an extent... like the others he has some gray areas in his past which will definitely be exploited by the libs if he should get the nomination.

Looks like Obama's numbers are sinking even lower. That man is so incompetent! He really ought to be impeached before we're flying the chinese flag over the federal building, once they call in their debts and we can't pay them because we keep racking up too many of them.

I just pulled it up this morning, and now Herman Cain is back on and Johnson is off
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Looks like Obama's numbers are sinking even lower. That man is so incompetent! He really ought to be impeached before we're flying the chinese flag over the federal building, once they call in their debts and we can't pay them because we keep racking up too many of them.
I hear you!!!
default_aktion033.gif

PS -- my dream is a combination ticket with two of my current top three -- but it's a dream that's subject to change as we all see and learn more. I swear, though, ABO is a winning ticket as far as I'm concerned.
Hmmm... two out of the three. I'm gonna go out on a limb here (no not really) and just posit a "wild" guess that Ron Paul is not part of your "dream ticket".

IF true, I find this slightly schizophrenic in that you and your peeps keep screaming about taxes (which I agree with) yet refuse to back the only candidate that has repeatedly stated that he would do everything in his power to remove the unConstitutional income tax and dismantle the IRS. His stated desire to put us on a sound money footing would of necessity put an end to corporate dominance in this field. Perhaps you don't like that Constitutional stand. Perhaps you don't like the idea of free-trade abolishment. It IS at its core, a tax issue and a sovereignty issue. Perhaps you don't like the idea of bringing our troops home from over 190 bases (that we know of) around the world. I mean after all the Banker mobsters NEED those troops there in order to plunder the wealth of a given country (Libya, and by extension Africa comes to mind). After all we can't have competing money systems going against the one that has been chosen for us and rammed down our throats. Operating outside of ones self induced paradign is scary at first, but if also rooted in factual truth one can start down the road to recovery. Failure to do so INSURES more of the same and as recent history "should" dictate to you, it doesn't matter which "party" is in dominance.

I gotta find a different wall to bang my head against....

Bb

I like Ron Paul a lot. He's just not currently on my "short list" -- which like I said, is open to change. Early times and I'm excited about a number of the potential prospects
default_yes.gif

Why do you feel this way?

I don't know as much about Perry as I want to, but one thing that has impressed me tremendously is his jobs record.

Honestly because when his mouth moves it's full of lies.

What most people dont know about Rick Perry is he was a democrat and turned republican when he ran against Jim Hightower for ag commissioner in the early 90's. He was elected easily because most farmers and ranchers would have voted for satan against hightower, that made him the 3rd or 4th most powerful man in the state government.

He likes the power.....

The one that burns the worst is the Trans Texas Corridor. He proposed a 16 lane 6 rail line that ran from Mexico north, It was a toll road with egress and ingress only every 25 miles, it was to be built and maintained by a company from spain so Texans got NO, NONE, ZIP use of it. It was to follow and actually be considered I-45, so the company (whose name escapes me) that managed it was basically and (unconstitutionally) making a profit of the federal infrastructure 100's of 1000's of acres were to be seized in emminent domain, including 30 ranches odn the historical register going back to the original colonists brought in by Stephen F Austin.

Hmmm... two out of the three. I'm gonna go out on a limb here (no not really) and just posit a "wild" guess that Ron Paul is not part of your "dream ticket".

IF true, I find this slightly schizophrenic in that you and your peeps keep screaming about taxes (which I agree with) yet refuse to back the only candidate that has repeatedly stated that he would do everything in his power to remove the unConstitutional income tax and dismantle the IRS. His stated desire to put us on a sound money footing would of necessity put an end to corporate dominance in this field. Perhaps you don't like that Constitutional stand. Perhaps you don't like the idea of free-trade abolishment. It IS at its core, a tax issue and a sovereignty issue. Perhaps you don't like the idea of bringing our troops home from over 190 bases (that we know of) around the world. I mean after all the Banker mobsters NEED those troops there in order to plunder the wealth of a given country (Libya, and by extension Africa comes to mind). After all we can't have competing money systems going against the one that has been chosen for us and rammed down our throats. Operating outside of ones self induced paradign is scary at first, but if also rooted in factual truth one can start down the road to recovery. Failure to do so INSURES more of the same and as recent history "should" dictate to you, it doesn't matter which "party" is in dominance.

I gotta find a different wall to bang my head against....

Bb

Dear Lady, you nailed it !!
default_risa8.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_pantiesbig.gif

Honestly because when his mouth moves it's full of lies.

What most people dont know about Rick Perry is he was a democrat and turned republican when he ran against Jim Hightower for ag commissioner in the early 90's. He was elected easily because most farmers and ranchers would have voted for satan against hightower, that made him the 3rd or 4th most powerful man in the state government.

He likes the power.....

The one that burns the worst is the Trans Texas Corridor. He proposed a 16 lane 6 rail line that ran from Mexico north, It was a toll road with egress and ingress only every 25 miles, it was to be built and maintained by a company from spain so Texans got NO, NONE, ZIP use of it. It was to follow and actually be considered I-45, so the company (whose name escapes me) that managed it was basically and (unconstitutionally) making a profit of the federal infrastructure 100's of 1000's of acres were to be seized in emminent domain, including 30 ranches odn the historical register going back to the original colonists brought in by Stephen F Austin.
Thanks for responding. Yes, I did know about his democrat past. I still want to learn more about him and am really glad it looks like 2013 will be a better year no matter who the GOP runs. I just hope it's a great ticket.

The third one I have a lot of high hopes for is Rick Perry. I'm impressed with all I know so far about him, and I hope he will RUN!
I don't think all that highly of Perry because of his flip-flopping on the gay rights issue. At first Rick Perry had no problem that gay marriage became legal in New York state, telling reporters that it was fine with him. But as soon as he was interviewed by the extreme religious right's Family Research Council, he flip-flopped and announced he was against it.

Perry’s claim that he supports states’ rights to govern themselves, while simultaneously supporting the anti-gay “Federal Marriage Amendment” is impossible to reconcile.

If only he'd stayed on one side of the issue, I'd hold him in higher regard, but like all politicians, he says what he thinks he needs to say to get votes. That does not indicate a person of high integrity.

I also read somewhere a few months ago, and I wish to heck I could remember where it was and WHAT it was, about the job creations in Texas. While Perry touts all the favorable business and job growth in Texas, there was a big caveat, and for the life of me I can't remember what it was, but whatever it was it completely tempered the economic growth gains and put it in an entirely new perspective, which didn't make Texas look as good as Perry would have people believe. I can't remember if most of the jobs created were government, or what, but it was *something* that took a bit of the air out of Perry's balloon.

If Rick Perry does get elected that's going to suck...
You're from Texas... tell us YOUR perspective of Perry. Or, do you just say it would suck because you are not of the same political party as he is?

I am not at ALL favorably disposed to Perry. besides the things I mentioned elsewhere in this thread, I think he's got some religious baggage. I DO NOT want politics and religion mixed, and things I've read about Perry lead me to believe he's been "evangelizing" and I don't want an evangelist in the White House.

I actually like a President to have a strong faith. But, I know that won't be the way many others would feel.

Latest posts

Back