? For Photographers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcody

Reaction score
I was wondering about model release's. My question is, if you are competing, say agility with my dogs. If some one takes a photo of my dog while she is competing, can they publish that photo without my permission? (I guess this could apply to all sports events.) Would it make a differance if I was or was not visible in the photo?

Thanks ahaed of time,

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there. I work at a photography studio. we don't do events like dog shows, but we always have to ask if we can use the images for display before we use them in any media. we also have to shred any photographs that we are not going to keep for samples.

If your talking about a pro photographer taking a picture of your dog and using it for display purposes i would look into the law more. but if this was just a person at the dog show who happened to take a photo of your dog and post it on their facebook page i would not bother, unless they are claiming it is theres or saying something nasty about the dog.

I'm no photographer, but I believe if there is a person involved in the picture, you have to get a model relase to publish it anywhere. But as long as there isn't you can basically do what you like with the photo giving your not disrespectful with it and not causeing trouble. Being in a public place your no longer protected by privacy/trespassing laws and are open to having pictures taken.

Latest posts

Back