For all the "old" and former LB Members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remembe all of these stories, even the one Jean mentioned. I do think a lot of them still lurk, I have private messaged a few of them.

I've been here a long time too... pretty much since the beginning. There was another mini forum, maybe on aol, that I frequented until I found this one, and I've been around ever since. Not on so much anymore, too much to do and so many questions have been answered so many times that I don't always see a need to chime in. I check in a couple of times a week though, always good to see familiar names & faces here.
default_smile.png

Jan

RuffNTuff minis introduced me here in 1999 I think. So I've been here a long time!

Andrea, I remember this buckskin driving stallion you owned, that came from Lisa. I used to just drool over that guy!!! It's been a long time ago, but I'm sure you know the boy I mean
default_wub.png

A Stable Business Tattoo Buckeroo. Such a good little guy. He's in Washington state... I've offered to buy him back but they love him...

I'm also an original member and have enjoyed many posts through out the years. Have met some very Wonderful people that I am good friends with and would not have been able to have met them otherwise as we are on different coasts and states. I still lurk...don't post as much because I m very busy with the ranch, my animals and bead weaving....but its nice to check in to see whats going on.

I've been a member since about 1999, as well. Started with minis in 1996 and still involved. One of the many events that still stands out prominently in my mind was the the little mare who became so ill with hyperlipemia (still not sure I can spell it correctly), recovered, had babies, and then was killed by a bear. I saw a retirement ad for that farm the other day and visited their website, but didn't see any mention of her.

I still visit the forum from time to time, but I mostly use facebook these days.

Hi,

I have been here since 2001...I used to be on here a lot more and maybe that was because I had under 38" AMHR Miniatures and was new to them, but haven't been on a lot in quite sometime for many different reasons. I will try to participate more
default_smile.png

I am 57-year-old and was born and raised in Spokane, Washington and the surrounding areas. I got my first horse when I was eleven and he was a dream 3/4 Arabian gelding that I had for 28-years and can't ever be replaced. I got my first Shetland pony when I was twelve and a few other horses and ponies growing up, plus some Arabians when I was a kid. I showed quite a bit in the Spokane area shows in halter, western and english riding. Got my first Miniatures in 1982 and few Shetland ponies in 1996. My husband and I now raise 100% Arenosa Miniature Shetland ponies and Miniature Hereford cattle.

My parents and a brother are both gone now, but I have a wonderful brother, Denny who lives in Washington(so I try to come visit every year) and sister, Judy in Montana. Plus many nephews, nieces, great nephews and nieces, cousins, step children, step grand children, and step great grand children and one aunt. So I have plenty of family
default_smile.png

I was have been married twice and now I live in beautiful Wyoming with my second husband, Mel who treats me like a Queen
default_smile.png
He has all the children so I have the step children too. I love them all very much! We are born again Christians and follow the Lord and our given Bible to the letter...

It's beautiful here in Star Valley and we are close to many outstanding and beautiful areas. Yellowstone Park, Jackson Hole(60 miles north), the Snake river and Periodic Springs which is a rare and the natural spring flow which stops entirely for a few minutes and then begins again in regular intervals during the warmer months of July, August and September. Really a site to see. There are only a very small number of these in the world, one in Jerusalem, Nepal, South Korea, France and Solvenia. The one here in Afton , 8 miles from us is the largest..Many things to visit if you come to the great State of Wyoming!

We have decided to retire for raising the ponies and will just keep the cattle for now. I love it here and life couldn't be better...well maybe if we won the LOTTO it would be easier LOL!
default_smile.png

Welcome to all the new people here!

My best and many blessings,

Jenny

Ok -- first thought was we "OLD" members
default_whistling.gif
......... really???? As opposed to young? And then realized that we were discussing length of being on LB --- WHEW. Don't remember when I found LB but, found minis well over 20 years ago. Lotsa fun

in the "old" days when we were at the shows and club meetings, sales, breeding, foaling -- etc.

I miss a lot of that now since I rarely breed the 37 I still have. But, enjoy the foals thru the forum.

Glad you posted, Tony! You are one with more years of horse management than most of us and always an inspiration.

Lately I've been wondering about a past member -- maybe someone knows how she's doing -- young lady with daughter, she & her mom had a farm with minis. She met & married a gentleman from eharmony and they had a son, bought & moved to another farm.

Anyone?

Bevann posts and she's been around minis for a long time as I first met her at a horse show on E Coast.

I've known and remember a whole lot of the mini farms that are revered names on registrations now. For those who were not fortunate enough to be involved "way back in very early 90's", let me tell you that you missed a wonderful thing!! Yep, that's when we paid big, big bucks for one
default_firstprize.gif
And I STILL don't regret that!!! Unlike the stock market, you can enjoy a soft muzzle.

OH I am drawing a blank, maybe Laura? I can picture her...

I have been on here since about 1998 also and have had minis since 1988.

I'm so glad you posted, Tony! Thanks for the times you have posted on topics when I asked you to also.
default_smile.png
They were usually times when I felt the "voice of reason" was needed
default_smile.png

I still check in every day and see what folks are talking about and occasionally post.

I am in Wyoming like Jenny. We both live in cold country!! I so much enjoy summer!
default_smile.png

Susan O.

I've been a member since about 1999, as well. Started with minis in 1996 and still involved. One of the many events that still stands out prominently in my mind was the the little mare who became so ill with hyperlipemia (still not sure I can spell it correctly), recovered, had babies, and then was killed by a bear. I saw a retirement ad for that farm the other day and visited their website, but didn't see any mention of her.

I still visit the forum from time to time, but I mostly use facebook these days.
I believe that mare's name was "Mundy" Judy and I remember that story very well. I felt SO bad for Nancy. All that she did to help her through the hyperlipemia and then a bear killed her. That was so awful.
default_no.gif
It was just one of the many stories that touched me deeply over the years. We have had our mini's for about 18 years now and I have been a member of this forum for a very long time. Thank you Mary Lou for providing such a great place to learn and mingle.
default_thumbup.gif
I do not come to the forum very often anymore as life is so very busy, but I do remember many things that have made me smile and many that have made me cry.

I haven't been here terribly long, just about 7 years give or take a few months.

I found this forum after my first mini died. He is pictured in my avatar. I joined in 2005 so I guess Im not really and old member.

I still have FLAT LOTTO! He got a bit dirty and banged up in his travels. He's been asking me if he can go visit more forum members!

Hey! THIS THREAD-------> is a KILLER!!!! http://www.miniature...showtopic=54403
I think a new Flat Lotto road trip would be a great way to bring back some of the "old team spirit"...

I don't know how quickly he travels, but I think he should come join us for the 2012 Beach Drive over Labor Day weekend. Just think how much he'd enjoy the beach...imagine the photo opps. He's welcome to come to us at Woodwinds and travel with Mingus (and Keith and me) to the beach.

I remember meeting Tony in person and felt like I met someone "really big" ...lol Not sure of the year, but it was when they had the AMHA convention in Portland. Kendra (CircleJ ?) and Jenn (both from Canada) were also there. Remember how bratty Jenn was way back when?? LOL

I have met many forum members in person thru out the years and am always glad to have done so...always a fun time!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back