For all of you who like "analyzing" dreams...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniWrangler

Reaction score
Kind of long, but I wanted to get in everything I could remember...

Have you ever had several different dreams where you are in the same place? You've never been there before, and something different happens every time? Well a couple years ago I kept doing this....it probably went on for about a year and then quit. Just here in the last couple of weeks I've started doing it again. It's cool but kinda strange...I'll see if I can describe it.

One of the weird things is that in the dream I can remember being there before, even though the dreams don't necessarily relate otherwise. I don't know where this is supposed to be, cause when the dream starts I'm just there. But anyway, there is this really big, old house sitting on the property, and lots of really pretty land around it. It hasn't been used in a long time, so some of it is grown up, and there's a creek with really clear water in it that comes out of a little spring or something. There's always other people there with me but I never remember who they are. And I have some horses there. The house is really interesting...somehow we know part of it burned and was rebuilt a long time ago.

In the back, that was actually the front door before it burned, there are these really wide stairs leading up to it made out of brick. The only details I remember about the inside is the living room has a REALLY high ceiling and a huge fireplace. The floor is some kind of tile or something. The house is several stories high, and it's almost like the living room is in the center. There is nothing above the living room, the ceiling goes all the way to the top. It's like the other rooms and stuff are around it. There are staircases that go up to like these balcony things that lead to bedrooms or something. But it's like you could come out of almost any room and look down in the living room. Hard to describe but it's really cool.

Outside there are a few run-down old buildings. There is some fence around the property and that's where the horses are. In this dream I had two little foals that I kept going to check on. There was a black and white filly and a solid black colt. Oh yeah, and the creek has fish in it. I remember standing at the edge and watching them.

Other than checking on the horses and actually going in the house this time, I don't remember what happened. Last time I was just outside. But it's like I can see this place so clear, it's just freaky. I've never been anywhere like that before, so I have no idea where it's coming from. I wish I could remember who the other people are....I think there are like 5 or 6 including me.

So what do you think....have I completely lost my mind??? lol
laugh.gif

Nope, you're not nuts. JMHO you are having a dream of a past life experience. Been there, done that. I believe but many do not.

No, you have not lost your mind.
wink.gif
It really sounds like a lovely setting and something you may be wanting in this lifetime to achieve. Someimes our dreams are a longing for what we don't have but maybe even day dream about. I don' t believe dreams really have to mean anything...they just are. Some to enjoy and some we don't. I could sure paint a picture of your place in the dream with the description you gave.
yes.gif
More pleasant dreams to you! mary

MiniWrangler said:
Kind of long, but I wanted to get in everything I could remember...
Have you ever had several different dreams where you are in the same place? You've never been there before, and something different happens every time? Well a couple years ago I kept doing this....it probably went on for about a year and then quit. Just here in the last couple of weeks I've started doing it again. It's cool but kinda strange...I'll see if I can describe it.

One of the weird things is that in the dream I can remember being there before, even though the dreams don't necessarily relate otherwise. I don't know where this is supposed to be, cause when the dream starts I'm just there. But anyway, there is this really big, old house sitting on the property, and lots of really pretty land around it. It hasn't been used in a long time, so some of it is grown up, and there's a creek with really clear water in it that comes out of a little spring or something. There's always other people there with me but I never remember who they are. And I have some horses there. The house is really interesting...somehow we know part of it burned and was rebuilt a long time ago.

In the back, that was actually the front door before it burned, there are these really wide stairs leading up to it made out of brick. The only details I remember about the inside is the living room has a REALLY high ceiling and a huge fireplace. The floor is some kind of tile or something. The house is several stories high, and it's almost like the living room is in the center. There is nothing above the living room, the ceiling goes all the way to the top. It's like the other rooms and stuff are around it. There are staircases that go up to like these balcony things that lead to bedrooms or something. But it's like you could come out of almost any room and look down in the living room. Hard to describe but it's really cool.

Outside there are a few run-down old buildings. There is some fence around the property and that's where the horses are. In this dream I had two little foals that I kept going to check on. There was a black and white filly and a solid black colt. Oh yeah, and the creek has fish in it. I remember standing at the edge and watching them.

Other than checking on the horses and actually going in the house this time, I don't remember what happened. Last time I was just outside. But it's like I can see this place so clear, it's just freaky. I've never been anywhere like that before, so I have no idea where it's coming from. I wish I could remember who the other people are....I think there are like 5 or 6 including me.

So what do you think....have I completely lost my mind??? lol 
laugh.gif

468520[/snapback]

I have those too. I was told that there are so many dreams we don't recall that you "get to know" some of the character pretty well so when you can recall one you are amazed how you know them.

I used to have one about my old farm and an evil entity that lived in part of the house. I had the dream so many times that it was like the movie, "Ground Hog Day" and I would always wake up disraught when I had that one. Finally I turned some kind of a corner and was no longer afraid of "it." "It" lost the ability to scare me so when I'd have the dream after that I'd deliberately torture it for all the times it made me wake up in a shaking cold sweat. Now I no longer have that dream but the characters and the place tend to surface from time to time. However, I'm sure I killed "it" off as I haven't had that same dream anymore.

I think our dreams are meant to place us where we can work on things without the risk one takes working on them when while awake.

Dreams can be many things.....with you -- from what you descibe -- it sounds like it was just what Demi suggested. Perhaps you either lived or visited there before.

Some dreams can be a mental cleansing of our unconscious worries. Sometimes they are used as visitations by our passed loved ones.....And once in awhile they are even us going on asto-travel to a place.

The "mental cleansing" type dreams tend to be rather unreal and filled with confusion and disorganization. They hop from idea to idea and from place to place and are very unfocussed. (I suspect these are the most common dreams we have.)

It's the very clear and real dreams of people and locations that make me take notice and I will usually write them down when I wake up, as they stay in my memory longer.

Obviously the location you dreamed of was the important part and it's good you have recorded it. You might want to write it down in a journal or something. The people with you would have made themselves more clear if they were important to remember.

Thanks for sharing your dream!

MA

Thanks for all the responses so far. I love hearing all the different opinions, I think that is part of what makes it all so interesting.
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back