Fon-Z has a booboo and I have a ????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR

Reaction score
Hi guys

Tongith when i was feeding and getting horses to bed it started snowing well since fonzzie and his buddies big shelter fell down due to all the ice and snow ect I had to fix them stallsin the barn I had it all ready 2 in a stall that way they could keep other warm and that was all the space I had I got the 2 young colts moved then went back for Fon-Z and my stallion Fon-Z was holding his ear funny I was likethat is od so I broung him i nteh mud room and there was blood every where. sO i got my little sis to come hold him for me got to looking at it and he had a spot where the skin and hair had been pulled away from the ear well it was bleeding bad so I went and grabed the first aid kit and of cource there was only a part of a roll of vet wrap so I wraped the ear in some abosrbent pads and then some cotten then the vet wrap he was holding his hear down bu his neck so after two times around the ear I loosly went around his neck. My question is do you think that was the best way to wrap it i did not want it to bleed all over him i also put some equine antibodic ontment on it!

Any suggestions would be great!

RNR

Sometimes we do whatever ~~ we have to do to keep things in place :bgrin As long as he cant get "chocked" by it , it should be fine. I would remove it once the bleeding stops, but keep it clean. Make sure you watch for infection, and keep treating it with the antibiotic cream. Hope he heals up real fast for you.
default_wub.png
: Corinne

THanks!

I was thinking the same thing after the bleeding stops hopefully by this morning it has stoped I can remove it yeah he can't chock! I was thinking wraping it htat way would keep him from shacking his head and getting it bleeding again!

I went out to chck on him sevral times through the night and he looks so pathedic!

Poor guy!

RNR

Poor Fonz
default_sad.png
What happened...is it frost bite? Did someone bite him?

How would a clean sock work...and then tape the base of the sock shut.

Use lots of antibiotic cream...hopefully it heals fast.

I think one of the big horses reached over thefence to try to steel the feed pan and grbed fon-z by the ear

the sock is a good idea!

rnr

Latest posts

Back