Folks in the storm, please check in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Those in the way of the hurricane, please check in and let us know how you and your animals are doing.

Are you in need of anything? Let us know!

Thanks and hope to hear from you all SOON!

saludando.gif
I imagine those in or close to the hurricane are without power so unable to respond yet..nice post and hope the check in soon..Maxine

The weather here says we are going to be hit with "something" by 3:00 am.

I didn't think anything was going to happen up here until now which is 10:30 PM. I'm not one to really worry about these things, been there so many times before but now........

I've changed my mind. We've got tornado warnings up and it's begun to rain, everything from light showers to heavy downpours now. The wind has picked up quite a bit, then dies down then picks up again.

I just came back in from battening down the hatches. I gave everyone extra hay and refilled all waters to the top just in case we loose power, we have all water buckets filled. We always loose power up here over anything so that doesn't worry me. I closed the top shutters on the barn, petted everyone good night and held that Timmy baby so close and kissed that soft nose and I had trouble letting him go. Sonny got a special huge hug, he's very used to this too being a Florida boy, but nevertheless needed that hug and I told him not to please do anything stupid tonite.

I'm worried now because my old barn has really had it and I just don't think it can stand anything above normal "windy" conditions now. The roof has been compromised several times now and it's flooded in there just a few weeks ago due to heavy rains.

It gripes me that there's a perfectly good barn just a few feet over that has no facilities in it to house the horses right now.

As for my house, well, it's held up by a twig and we are surrounded by some 60 feet tall dead/rotten oak trees just dying to fall on us, so keep us in your thoughts if you don't mind and pray this all just goes away and we get off easy.

Be careful and God Bless us Everyone

Keeping you all in prayer Marty*hugs* Check in when you can.

1:00 am update here: nothing's going on. There's no rain at all now, just some wind. I opened up the top shutters and checked everyone. Big mistake. They wanted more hay again. Did another round of hay. Sonny wants to go out and run. He's jumpy. Wonder what he's going to tear down tonite. I woke up my baby. Darn it. He wants me to go in and play with him so I just did a heavy pettting session and tried to get him back down to sleepy. He's not tired. He wants to play bad. Ho hum......I need to get a rocking chair in there.

Something must be coming though: Tracey's been howling like a werewolf and crying for the past hour.

Will go back and close the top shutters later if it starts to do anything scarry.

Made it through Katrina okay! My lights just came back on at 7:00am. We had hurricane force winds here but thank goodness they weren't like hurricane Andrew, as they were prediciting. I had the tops of 3 trees come down and lots of limbs and small debris. The horses weathered the rain and wind just fine. Christy experienced about the same. I feel so sorry for the folks in Mississippi. We were lucky to be on the west side of Katrina. My prayers go out to those affected by Katrina's wrath.

Has anyone heard from Debra Gee or Ann Simmons????

What about Christy D'Armond or the Heberts???

Thanks for letting us know, Karen! I feel for those in Katrina's path. Mississippi has been hit hard!

We're all fine. School, everything is canceled and closed. Even Walmart! It's a little ruff up here on the mountain though. The house shook though during the night, all night long. We just have a mess in the yard with debris and trees down all over the place, little rain, just occasional down pours, then goes to light rain, but power outtages every few minutes. We're under tornado warnings until later today. The wind is unbelievable.

I am glad to see you all alright. There are still some I have not heard from and can't get through to on phone so will be watching this closely.

We had a rough night of it here!! but all is well this a.m. there were many storms that moved through here producing tornados. Fort Valley which is 28 miles away from here was really destroyed by a tornado and in a state of emergency, it's such a shame..other storms dropped tornados after they passed us thankfully. There was one I know in Byron and another near the 475 split just above Macon. I am praying for everyone.

Has anyone heard from Monette (Wisteria), Christy D'Armond or Ann Simmons?? I have emailed Monette and Christy (emailing Ann next) but I assume they don't have power....any word on them would be greatly appreciated, I'm worried sick about them!!
new_shocked.gif

From the looks of the path it went between Jackson, MS and Meridan, MS. Thats where K-Nell and Glen Oaks are. Glen Oaks would have been on the east side, thats Madge Glen and where NFC Husselers Star is. Anyone heard how those farms faired.

I heard from Monette (Wisteria) she said Christy is ok, She mentioned Karin is ok too (I see where Karin posted above) but she hasn't been able to touch base with Ann Simmons yet...Please pray for her safety !!

On another note, and hopefully it's ok to post it here, here is a link in the event anyone would like to help out the victims of Hurricane Katrina..Mary Lou if this is inappropriate to post here please feel free to remove it, but I honestly believe it's a worthy cause...

Help Victims of Hurrican Katrina

I hope every one really stays safe,..and I am sending up lots of prayers,....Didnt sleep well last night,..worried about my friends on here,...Please take care Marty,..ok?

Will be thinking of all of you in the storms path today.

Adding my thoughts and prayers! Have been watching Katrina closely and worried about all the folks and critters in her path. I don't suppose anyone wants to evac to Oregon....we don't get hurricanes or tornados!

If anyone needs refuge facilities, I can house up to 15 additional horses and I am equipped to handle stallions as well.

We are in East Texas about 1 1/2 hours northwest of Shreveport.

Please feel free to call me at 903 762 2850, I would feel honored to be able to help anyone in need.

Marty said:
We're all fine. School, everything is canceled and closed. Even Walmart!  It's a little ruff up here on the mountain though. The house shook though during the night, all night long.  We just have a mess in the yard with debris and trees down all over the place, little rain,  just occasional down pours, then goes to light rain, but power outtages every few minutes. We're under tornado warnings until later today. The wind is unbelievable.
457742[/snapback]

If what you see up there is a little wind and rain, please consider yourself very lucky. There are THOUSANDS of people without much of anything left down on the coast, some have lost spouses and other family members as well. Mountains would have been miracles to those people. ANYWHERE Is better than being trapped in a fish bowl.
sad.gif

Latest posts

Back