Folks in the storm, please check in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I can't believe the pictures coming out of New Orleans, Missouri, Alabama, etc. My heart breaks for these people and the terrible thing is that it is only the beginning of the hurricane season. We are very lucky because all we will be getting here tonight is alot of rain and some strong winds and that is such a blessing. I am going to bring the 3 new girls into the barn, even though they are not use to being stalled and I have had them in the "cover-all" since they arrived at night but not tonight. I don't want the 3 month old baby getting scared.

I hope all of the members we have here that are in Missouri and Alabama and of course New Orleans area are safe, family and horses. We are all very anxious to hear from all of you.

I just talked to Madge Glenn (of Glenn Oaks) and she said she's fine... everyone is ok there. They have some limbs down, but no real damage and the barns and horses and Madge and her family are all fine.

Also, Bobby Lambert of B&BL Miniatures near Tishomingo is fine, as well as Jackie & Danny Buskirk of T&S Mini Ranch in Aberdeen Miss. are all fine as well.

I have room here for any horses. I have a very small house, but if there is a trailer to be had, you are welcome to horse refuge, and electricity for a trailer. It is the least I can do. We have about 1000 people here in the Ford Center in Beaumont,. They need so many supplies. The humane society is full, and our Clinic where I work is full. Many animals are needing shelter, too.

If We can help, please call

409-752-3636

Take care, and many tears and prayers are going up for the victims, and our fellow friends.

ctinsley - Millennium Farms is no longer located in Louisiana. They are now in Texas close to Ft. Worth. They moved in time to avoid Katrina.

Monette has talked with Ann briefly and she & her horses are fine. Phone connection wasn't that great so she didn't get a lot of details.

I have tired to contact other that are about 40 miles on the east side of Baton Rouge and can't get through. The phone lines must still be down.

I am glad to hear that Madge is okay. Any one hear from Angie Ciesle in Alabama? She called me to make sure I was okay before Katrina came through and now I can't reach her to see if she's okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Debra Gee moved her horses & birds out ahead of the storm, or did she & they have to ride it out at home? Has anyone heard anything from or of her???

I've really been worrying about Debra Gee I have not heard anything.

Also Faye Cleland--Sugar Oaks in Covington, LA has anyone heard from her???

We faired well here in Middle TN. It was rather windy and we got 5 inches of rain. The wind gusts got up to 50 mph. When I left for work at 4am, Harley was in the back yard running the Kentucky Mini Derby
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
He is fine and is not hurt. I hope everybody came through okay.

Anyone heard from Pat Foster at Impressible Minis or Mark Parton(YP Branch) or Rick&Beverly Wade(Faith Farm)? They are very near the Gulf and Mobile, AL . All live in low areas.Pat has lots of Minis and Mark& the Wades are next door neighbors with lots of water around them.Mark also raise exotic birds.I visited them several years ago while buying a stallion. Very nice people.Hope they are all safe&all their creatures too.

My heart is just breaking for these people...please keep us posted on who everyone hears from

I am hoping all the animals are in safe hands. I tried to call Ann (Seahorse) but couldnt get thru. We also have been trying to contact alot of animal rehabbers and rescue workers in the hit area, with little luck, all the cell phone land lines are down. Praying that everyone is safe. We started a "Katrina Critter Help" drive in our area, and anyone who has anything to donate for horses/dogs/cats ...(perfect time to clean out the tack room) will be doing so, and a friend of ours will be delivering all the boxes to as close as he can get to the area. If possibe we will be asking Lloyd (he is with Florida state rescue, and he and his rescue workers can legally get into areas other rescue workers cant) we will ask him for a good drop off point. Any money donatons we will be buying bags of hay cubes/pellets,it may not be alot but every little bit will help. PetCo and PetSmart has already offered anything needed for small animals. Corinne

Oh, the hay cubes and pellets! What a good thought! How do you locate animal rescue groups? I would certainly like to help some critters.

thanks Corinne

Charlotte

I talked to K-Nell - they are without power but okay. I'm sure they'll have a mess to clean up though!

The scope of this is so overwhelming and each day the destruction and its victim count seems to get worse.

I understand as most of us are struggling to paythe bills and we are complaining aobut gas prices ect but.. when I see the interviews on tv of all of those searching for there loved ones , saying they know they are out there ok somewhere but seeing in there eyes that they really dont believe that- heartbreaking isnt even describing it really is putting lots into perspective for me at this moment.
no.gif

Latest posts

Back