Foals!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
Well, we had a pretty rough start to our foaling season, losing a tiny buckskin colt and then a chestnut appy colt (looked to be homozygous LP) shortly thereafter. Just a heartbreaking way to start.

But, we have had a few more arrivals since then, and they are on the ground, healthy, BOYS. Yep-ALL BOYS!! We have never had so many colts in a season and we're not quite half way done. All of our stallions are 80%+ filly producers. Looks like this season is really going to drop those percentages.

Ah well, they are healthy and they are just what I ordered as far as conformation goes (plus some awesome color)!

So now, my boys
default_smile.png

O Henrys General MacArthur ("Hero")

Bay Pinto Colt, 18" at birth. Full brother to our yearling filly, Pippa, the filly in my avatar

This colt is only a couple days old in these pictures and needs to unfold yet. He is very upheaded with Phantom's fantastic topline, and the nice short back with long legs (I'm a legs girl!). He is a brave boy-not afraid of anything.

(for reference, his dam is barely 29", so that shows you how little he is)

Hero5.jpg

Hero6.jpg

Hero1.jpg

Hero3.jpg

Hero2.jpg

O Henrys Whisper In the Dark

Bay Pinto Colt, 22"

This one is not a Phantom baby, even though he sure looks like it. He is actually our own breeding for generations and generations, both top and bottom. His sire is my stallion, O Henrys Viking, and his dam is a maiden mare, O Henrys High V (a maternal sister to the above colt).

A solid bay mare and a very minimal black tobiano stallion (socks) gave me this:

Barely 5 minutes old here

Whisper6.jpg

First time standing

Whisper4.jpg

Whisper5.jpg

Whisper2.jpg

Whisper3.jpg

Just love him! He is ALL legs and looks so much bigger in the pictures than he actually is. He will stay "A".

"Whisper" was born right before I had to leave for Fargo again, so no new pictures until this coming weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last, but not least is coming soon!

He was born early this morning and I am waiting on better pictures. The one I have is a fuzzy cell picture. Have yet to see him in person, but he is a full brother to the black leopard colt we had last year. Guess what we got again? ANOTHER BLACK LEOPARD!! Will share pictures when I get them
default_smile.png

Very nice pinto boys, but I can't wait to see the picture of your leopard!! Wonder why. LOL Congratulations on your beautiful foals!

Thanks everyone! I am so happy we finally have these boys on the ground and healthy, but I am SUPER excited that they are exactly what I had "ordered". Well, I would have prefered black pinto fillies, but I got the rest (the most important things) so no complaining here
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back