Foalproof tests

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchantress

Reaction score
Worth buying or too difficult/inaccurate? They're supposed to work on mares over 120 days - delivery. Any other suggestions for tests? Vet can't palpate and I don't have unlimited funds (found an external ultrasound machine I wouldn't mind having for 2000$!). I have 4 horses to test at various dates so don't really want something you have to use within a very specific time frame. Any help appreciated!

I'm guessing you mean "foolproof?" Sorry, couldn't help it.
smile.gif

I have used FOALPROOF and was very pleased with the results. I got the vet to draw the blood (and glad I did). One mare was bred (to a Nat. Champion Sids Rebel son) and one was not and I was happy with both. The results were accurate.

I used " foal Proof " and they were accurate. More accurate than my vet.

I'm going to use them again....
aktion033.gif

I have not used them....only because you must draw blood with this test. I don't feel comfortable doing that myself.

I have used the Pregnamare tests, which must be used day 40 thru day 120. with 100% accuracy. They don't require that you draw blood...just have to get enough blood get a blood to soak the end of a Q-Tip, which is done by using a little "lancet" to prick the skin near the lips or nostrils. Easy to use & very accurate.
yes.gif

Enchantress said:
Worth buying or too difficult/inaccurate?  They're supposed to work on mares over 120 days - delivery. Any other suggestions for tests? Vet can't palpate and I don't have unlimited funds (found an external ultrasound machine I wouldn't mind having for 2000$!). I have 4 horses to test at various dates so don't really want something you have to use within a very specific time frame. Any help appreciated!
455784[/snapback]

I don't know about the other. But we had someone to do external ultrasound. Twice it was done. First time by a Vet who had one. Paid big money, results were

incorrect. Second time another mini farm had one. We had them to do it. Again

incorrect. Said they were both in foal. Either foaled the next year. Sure was not happy. So I would not buy one or have anyone to use one on our horses.

Now there maybe many people who use them with great results, but we did not.
no.gif

Vicky

Thanks everyone! I just ordered some and will probably get a couple PregnaMare tests too. I just have 2 mares that would be over 120 days and 2 that I can probably do with the PregnaMare. Just didn't want to spend tons of money on something that doesn't work. Guess it's good I can't afford that external ultrasound machine, eh?
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back