Foaling stall

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taya

Reaction score
Hi I was hoping someone could tell me the best kind of water containers for foaling stalls that are safe for the foal

Also how high should they be mounted?

Any pics would be appreciated if possible also

Thanks
default_smile.png

I use a 5 gallon bucket and keep it raised higher before the mare foals and for a few days after foaling. By the time a foal is a few days old, it is steady on it's feet and starting to nibble on solids and drinking water so I lower the bucket at that time.

I use a 5 gallon bucket and keep it raised higher before the mare foals and for a few days after foaling. By the time a foal is a few days old, it is steady on it's feet and starting to nibble on solids and drinking water so I lower the bucket at that time.
Same here.

We also use a five gallon bucket. We keep them in a small tire (16 inch opening or so) so they do not tip over and place them in the corner. We have seen a foal occasionally get a foot in it, but it has never been a problem.

We get the tires from the tire stores. We bring the buckets with us so we can find one that fits snugly. They just give them to us.

In the old barn I had a regular kitchen cabinet screwed to the wall, about 5 feet high or so. It was very good because nothing got dirty or dusty. The foaling stall in the new barn is right next to the tack room so I don't need to worry about that anymore, however I do have a shelf in there just in case I need to set some supplies on it for quick reaching.

Latest posts

Back