Foaling Stall Cameras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoRebel

Reaction score
What does everyone use for cameras? We're looking for a camera set up that will reach the house from the barn (about 100-150 ft) and have it online so that I can have others watching too.

The cheap wired security cams work better than anything. Wireless is just not dependable.

I agree on the wirless bought one and returned it as it wouldn't pick up anything and I am not that far from my barn. I bought mine at Harbor frieght 2 of them and one at Radio shake. all 3 are different the one I like the best is the one I got from Habor Freight that Bunker Hill puts out. Very heavty little camera. One thing I highly suggest is that if you think you might want more then one camera.... or should I say if you have more than 1 horse thats due I would suggest a system. REason I am staying this is I bought one camera thinking that would be good. Then I got thinking heck My others are due anytime as well and I should be watching them too so I bought another camera and then another one at a different time and then I needed to buy the system that you can run all cameras on one screen at the same time. I have more money into all of this then I would have had if I bought one system with more cameras. Oh well live and learn.

I would have gone wired but the ground wouldn't allow me to dig. I bought a wireless for now. My barn is 250 feet from the house. The wireless camera I bought works great but I plan on getting a wired system this summer. You can PM me if you want the camera info.

We finally got cameras. We have been looking for a while. So many choices! Such a price range! We got a Uniden at sams club for $259.00. Wireless with range to 500 feet (we tested it up to 300 feet) It comes with 3 cameras and can add another. It has a small moniter with sound and great pictures. one camera is battery operated so we have used it in the trailer. Works great. (We had to buy the adapter for the cigarette lighter at radio shack for that) Says the charge will last 4 hours. The trailer rides were 2 hours, so it was great. We brought the charger just in case. It can also be hooked to the computer for a larger picture. We haven't tried that yet. Our barns have metal roofs and we have no problem. To buy the 4th camera would be $100.00. There might be some interference if you have too many things in the way of your signal, such as horse trailers campers and or vehicles.

Latest posts

Back