FOALING CAMERA HELP ---> NEW QUESTIONS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am needing to find a new camera for my foaling barn. Instead of one foaling stall I am going to be having to watch FOUR. These four stalls are going to be within an 18x18 barn (two 10x10's and two 10x8's) with a 6 foot tall roof (converted barn, not a new one and I'm only 5'5 so it works lol). I need it to either rotate repeatedly to cover the whole area or I need it to be able to cover the whole area without rotating.

I'm not picky about what brand, etc. but it must have good clarity. Wireless or wired is fine I don't care so long as it works nicely. DOES NOT have to have night vision because I have lights on in my barn anyways BUT I do prefer to have a color camera so I can see detail easier.

Prefer something that's $200 or less so if you know of something that may be able to help me out, PLEASE give up the details!!
aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I am needing to find a new camera for my foaling barn. Instead of one foaling stall I am going to be having to watch FOUR. These four stalls are going to be within an 18x18 barn (two 10x10's and two 10x8's) with a 6 foot tall roof (converted barn, not a new one and I'm only 5'5 so it works lol). I need it to either rotate repeatedly to cover the whole area or I need it to be able to cover the whole area without rotating.

I'm not picky about what brand, etc. but it must have good clarity. Wireless or wired is fine I don't care so long as it works nicely. DOES NOT have to have night vision because I have lights on in my barn anyways BUT I do prefer to have a color camera so I can see detail easier.

Prefer something that's $200 or less so if you know of something that may be able to help me out, PLEASE give up the details!!
aktion033.gif
this is the camera i'm getting next year for my mare, they look awesome!

http://www.closeoutc...ec-p/cl-21s.htm

they also have alot of other cameras if you wanna look around!

Im a firm believer that wired cams are much more dependable then wireless. Also the cheap security cams work better then the hi dollar ones. Over the last 5 years I think I have tried them all
default_smile.png
Last year we bought a really pricey wireless color cam that was guaranteed to work and failed miserably. Thank goodness I got my money back. Now I just stick to my little 60.00 security cameras

Do you guys know of any cameras with a REALLY WIDE VIEW? I have a decent $30.00 camera that covers one 10x10 stall nicely but it won't cover any more surface area than that.

Thanks guys!

I am able to use a wireless camera because my house is part of my barn, so its very close. This is the camera I use and it works very well. This company alsohas wired cameras and entire systems at very reasonable prices. Plus some pretty neat spy things LOL.

Spyville

no.gif
TOTALLY NEW QUESTION (aren't I full of them? LOL)

Okay so I have decided that I am just going to buy three more cameras for a total of 1 per stall which = 4 cameras that I will be needing to watch. They are all WIRED cameras and so I need to find a way to watch ALL FOUR at one time on one screen. Is there a special device I can get?

PLEASE help! I desperately have to get this figured out soon because it is driving me crazy!!!
no.gif

Email either tom at wefoal or heather at marestare and they will tell you what to get. I think its called a switch box? I really need to put a 2nd cam in so I need to ask too. Ill let you know if what I find out

Email either tom at wefoal or heather at marestare and they will tell you what to get. I think its called a switch box? I really need to put a 2nd cam in so I need to ask too. Ill let you know if what I find out
Buy a quad processor (multi-plexer) and you can watch all four at the same time. I have both of mine set to full screens right now because I am done foaling for the year, but I will gladly give you a demonstration of what they do if you drop me an email or call me. It's much better than rotating between four stalls as you can miss things in that seemingly short time frame.

The quad processors are relatively inexpensive and I can share my links to where I buy mine..I just don't have them on this iPad.

I bought a four camera system from Harbor Freight for around $300 It had the added advantage of a built in DVR

Super Circuits sells quad processers for around $100 (if you already have the cames)

Latest posts

Back