Foal color question (and announcement)- results page 3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all - hair samples were finally pulled today and will be sent in tomorrow. I did not ask for the splash test but I am pretty sure he carries that. Will let you know the other test results when they come back.

How exciting! I always think color testing is like Christmas and indeed, I sometimes like getting the results back better than getting gifts at Christmas!

Can't wait to hear back. You are ahead of me... I have several I want to do. I want to get their papers back first though.

Test results are back and the winner is.... Jake is silver bay and homozygous for tobiano!!!

But we really hit the jackpot, because I pulled hair from his sister Luna to see if by any chance she is H/Z for tobiano and SHE IS TOO!!! Minimal pinto (see below) but still TT.

We REALLY hit the jackpot, for breeders of pintos with great conformation and superior movement.

Luna_Gary_5_9_1.jpg

Wow, that's amazing, the coloring on my computer just doesn't look silver. How about a new round of pics?

Chanda, you may or may not realize this, but the photo of the foal on this page is a full sister to the colt in question in this thread. He was pictured in the original post and then again a little later into it. I did not see the silver in the original pic but I did in the next.

Chanda, you may or may not realize this, but the photo of the foal on this page is a full sister to the colt in question in this thread. He was pictured in the original post and then again a little later into it. I did not see the silver in the original pic but I did in the next.
Mona - sorry for not making it clear that the B/W filly pictured above is a HALF sister (and only 2 days older than Jake) not a full sister.

Latest posts

Back