Foal Cam inof please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
Since my friend and I are due anytime in the next few weeks with our first Donkey Baby I was wondering if you could share info on Foal cams and what you use and if you can see them online.

Thanks

You can buy a camera and a monitor so that you can watch your donkey when she is due to foal. Some can be connected to your TV ir you don't want a separate monitor just for the camera.

To be watched on line by the world so to speak, that is an entirely different situation so someone that has a setup like that will have to answer you on that.

I just saw an article in Horse Illustrated for a barn cam that is WIRELESS.
aktion033.gif
and you can watch it from the internet. So if your at work you can pull up the internet and watch your mommas...I am TOTALLY getting this for next season.

I actually own a site that will host your cam for you online and it's not expensive. Mare Stare, LLCIt lets everyone help keep an eye on your animal - whatever it may be.

The wireless cams are nice (I have four - down right now for the season), but the ability to use them depends on how far the barn is (where the cam will be) to where the receiver will be in the house. You can have a clear path and still get interference from cordless phones, etc.

The cams are a wonderful thing - and I wouldn't be without them. Everytime I would drift off this season, I knew that there were others watching. And if you have a colicky horse you can put them on cam all night....or if you have a horse you want to sell - it gives someone the ability to see the horse live, because we all know that pictures don't do them justice. It also let's the buyer see how you interact with the horse.

Anyway...I could go on and on.......let me know if you need more info about cams.
yes.gif

I can't believe this posted 3x - so SORRY...(and I spelled info wrong LOL)

Thanks for the info!

I am going to check out your web page and I am sure I will have some ?'s so I may PM you
smile.gif

I recommend marestare.com. Heather was very very nice to me when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my foaling camera.

I do have one on the Internet, but it is not streaming. (It's a refreshing camera) Doing streaming video would not be possible for your average website.

Doing your own webcam requires that you are pretty familiar with computer hardware and software.

Thanks for the compliments! We have excellent customer service and we walk you through EVERYTHING by phone. It sounds complicated, but I never had a cam until last year.....used it once....then this year got the wireless and decided I was putting them on the net. Everything just kinda rolled from there.

Most of our cams on Mare Stare are off for the season. Some are on now and then, but you are welcome to contact any of our customers for references.

They've been a live saver for me. I went to pick up a filly and my mom was watching the cams online. One of our maiden mares decided to have her foal and he was huge!!!! Mom called me - I called my daughter who was at work and she made it home in time to deliver a healthy beautiful colt - with alot of effort!!!!

I have received phone calls from people in Holland and the Netherlands telling me that my mares were in labor - or that they were in pain after the birth. It's amazing the people that will be helping you watch - gives you ALOT of peace of mind.

Latest posts

Back