foal 1 1/2 weeks old

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibquackers20

Reaction score
I noticed today while out playing with the horses that my new filly who is 1 1/2 weeks old is having a bit of trouble pooping - she does manage to but it takes her a few minutes to pass one puck - and it seems bigger and harder than normal I guess.

I have this on hand - Fleet ENEMA SODIUM PHOSPHATES ENEMA USP -FOR RELIEF OF CONSTIPATION ACTS WITHIN MINUTES (REGULAR)

I also have mineral oil

And Phillips milk of magnesia usp - but it is fresh mint flavour

What is best to give her and howmuch and where ?
rolleyes.gif

other problem is how to give it to her without momma trying to kill me thinking that I am hurting her baby.

we always give fleet enemas to foals. Just be very careful and dont put it very far in. They work like a charm! i have had colts that had to have one almost every day the first week to get them going.

Kay

Thanks kaykay - I did what you said and she went right after that , but first I had to give momma some pellets to eat so she was kept occupied - went so fast and easy - I was in and out before momma and filly even knew I was there.
aktion033.gif

I hope she has no problem later - but just did some reading and my new filly is eating hay and drinking water - so funny to see since she has only 4 teeth showing and they are not all through yet. I guess I should have said my new filly is gumming her moms hay.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back