Flyspray

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Okay i've always wondered ..but always felt to stupid to ask.

Does regular fly spray repel Horse Flys?

We have horse flys around her BADLY. Its hard to walk the mini's let alone a huge horse. Well i was pushed over my limit today when i was walking our new Draft Pony (large draft pony) that we got saturday (sold out fresian down there that we got a couple month ago because our nabors were complaining about him making noises and had the cops out here (kicking barn walks, make allot of noise and weird sounds just about all the time). The told us we had to either get rid of him or put him somewhere. We have a second barn but its about 5 miles away and we only have 5 stalls which all have horses in them and anyway only 'certain' horses are aloud in that stable due to having to keep other horse jerms ext. out.

Back to the point though, i was walking Lorado (new horse), trying to see if he knew backup, trot, whoa ext., and a huge horse fly got after him and he started jumping and kicking (as any sane horse would do) and about jumped right on top of me. I through the lead over his back bc i was out there alone and he was completely out of control over this stupid fly. So i put the lead ove rhis back so he wouldnt step on it and eventually i guess he ate it and setled down. I got him and petted him to calm him and put him back in his stall and fed him.

So i need some horse fly spray asap. I've used Bronco fly spray and that lasted about 3 hours. Anything good for horse flys?

I tries one of the "spot ons" this summer because our flies were horrible - and it WORKED!!
aktion033.gif
I ordered it from Pet Smart, but theere are many places that carry it.

Here's a link so you know what I'm talking about: Pet Smart - Spot Ons & Collars. I bought the "Equi-Spot Fly Control for Horses" only because it was the least expensive ... they all contain the same percentage of the active ingredient. I used one vial for 4 "A" minis.

Good luck!

Nan

TSC has this kind in a purple bottle we like real well. You can even use it on dogs. You spray it on three days in a row and it's good for a while. Even repels mosquitos.

Fran

we use the oil base HORSE AND PONY SPRAY from FARNUM..its stinks but boy does it work.knocks them dead....we have tried just about every one in the book...cept the purple one listed earlier.

Latest posts

Back