FLYS!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
With in the last few weeks we have gotten so many flies, & our barn Never has flies!!!! I really hate flies...

At the beginning of the year... it was mosquitoes(sp) they were every were... and now its flies!

I've opened the barn to get them out... I really don't think its working!

Can you guys help me get rid of these flies?!

How do you deal with them?!?

Please help, I have Joy coming on Sunday with 3 other minis & we only really noticed these flies the last few days

I don't need them all gone just some!

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear plastic bottles filled with water- hang them up around the barn on string- as high as you like- only PLEASE do NOT ask me WHY it works!!!!

rabbitsfizz said:
Clear plastic bottles filled with water- hang them up around the barn on string- as high as you like- only PLEASE do NOT ask me WHY it works!!!!
436230[/snapback]

With wholes? how big? How long do i keep them up? How long do they take to work? thanks so much rabbitsfizz(& others!)!

Leave the top open, and put two holes on the side at the top. Put a string through the holes to hang them.

You may want to add some sugar to the water to attract more.

I buy the fly tapes from Walmart .97 cents for 4. I hang a few near the fly bags with the attractant.. What flies that don't go inside the bag usually land on the tapes. Last week the flies were so bad outside that the tapes were filled within three days... I've never used the water filled bottles or bags because we have too many openings to our barn...................... Added...... I tried the clear bottle with small holes punched in the top, half filled with sweetened water. The one fly that I saw inside left after it got its fill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sticky fly strips that go across the barn. Spray piles of manur with tons of fly spray if you see a bunch on there. Fly masks and spray on horses. Vinigar in the wanter tank
yes.gif

Back