Flying to events?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintponylvr

Reaction score
Does anyone here fly routinely? I've always driven to TX to go to horse events (sometimes w/ a trailer and sometimes w/o).

I haven't flown since 2003. I'm not sure the best way to find tickets - looking at Expedia and Kayak. What about rental cars?

I need to go from Raleigh, NC to Temple, Tx on March 11 (Friday) and reverse on Sunday 3/13. I have Monday the 14th off, but flying w/ daughter and she doesn't. i have to be coherent when back at work on Tuesday.

No time to drive. When I looked up tickets yesterday, thought I found flights into Temple at a reasonable cost. Now all sites say no to Temple - but go to Austin or Dallas/Ft Worth. So confused...

Wish I had time to drive!!! The last time I went to see Dad, I took 2 ponies and the wagon and a friend. We stayed in 1 hotel on the way but got in late the nite we arrived... This time, looks like plane only way and no ponies can go.

I like priceline.com

sometimes Google flights finds cheaper fares, but sometimes priceline is much better. Priceline is good for rental cars as well.

I haven't flown in years but I have been checking and booking flights for some show officials.

Rarely if ever fly, heck we rarely go anywhere that is further than a day trip, too hard to get away with animals to take care of in winter and just flat out too busy in summer.

Thanks, Minimor!

I forgot about Priceline. We were looking at/thru both Kayak and Expedia. Our daughter ended up booking it thru Expedia and got a better rate than what I was seeing.

Now to find out what isn't allowed anymore on the flights. That last time in 2003, was terrible... Might as well go w/o baggage and shop when we get there if it's still the same, not that I take a lot.

We'll be getting a rental car there - was more affordable than getting one here, that's for sure!

Latest posts

Back