Fly masks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellie in OR

Reaction score
I am just now having trouble with the face flies. So bought the foal/pony size Farnam mask, crossed my fingers and hoped they would work. Well.....they are staying on, but they really don't fit very good. The crown piece is too long, but they seem to fit around the face fine. I guess I could take them to the sewing machine and alter them....or do they make them for the mini head size/shape?

I don't think my guys have ever wore a mask. They ran around snorting for a few minutes today....so silly!

I've had a couple different kinds that work--but this year I love these: http://www.cashelcompany.com/Default.aspx

They're soft and fit every single mini! That has never happened before. They aren't real durable--but none of them last too long.

The other thing I do is use a roll on fly repellent on the face and ears. I think it's called Bug Block.

Good luck!

Farnam is now making a fly mask specifically for miniatures, and it fits very nicely.

Margo

The Mini size mask from Farnam fits really well. Best fitting fly mask I've found. My mare wears one just about all the time and it fits her really well. Just wish they'd come out with one that has the ears on it now!

~Jen~

I have had the best luck with Kensington brand fly masks. They adjust at the crown and throat latch plus are double velcroed. They are the only ones my minis will keep on (also have Farnum and Cashel). It's so nice not having to walk 5 acres of fields looking for fly masks! =)

Kensington--that was the other one I liked a lot.
default_smile.png
It wouldn't fit my bigger headed beauty, so I ordered the new pony size and it was too huge. I love that one for most heads... just doesn't fit them all.

I haven't tried these fly masks from Schneiders but they look really nice.

Here's the description:

Mini Lycra Fly Mask

Soft lycra for secure fit and comfort. Extra fine mesh over face and ears, Full chin to jowl zipper for easiest on/off. Sizes: Weanling, Small Adult, Average Adult

Here's the link: http://www.sstack.com/jump.jsp?itemID=312&...ge=2&sort=0

There are a lot of different brands of fly masks for the minis. We carry three of them:

Kensington

Cashel

Triple L

Everyone is different and each works great. Some have nose covers and some have ear covers. You can see them all on our site.

minitack.com

Thanks, Lisa

I have the ones from Farnam and they fit great. My one gelding is a master at horsey clothing removal and the farthest he has gotten with these is getting one ear out.

Courtney

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back