Flu/Rhino Vaccine Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendi leigh

Reaction score
My vet asked me which type of Flu/Rhino vaccine I wanted to give to my minis. Evidently there are newer versions of the flu(?) vaccine which protects from more types, but is not combined with the rhino so it means more shots for the horse. Has anybody had any experiences with these different types of vaccines? I don't know which would be safer.... opinions please....

Thanks,

Wendi

I don't know if this answers your question or not but I use FluVac Innovator 6 V.E.W.T+97 Flu+Rhino this covers Equine Encephalomyelitis (Eastern, Western & Venezuelan), Tetanus Toxiod, Equine Rhinopneumonitis (EHV-1 & EHV-4), Equine Influenza (Prague, Knetucky 81 & Kentucky 97). I have had no problems with this vaccination and prefer to give them combined to avoid giving several shots.

Hope this helps.

Tammie~

I also use FtDodge Fluvac Innovator 6-we just did 18 horses today.I am another who doesn't like to give shots so the less jabs the better.We also did Rabies today in the other side of the neck. west Nile will be done later.Last year Ft dodge came out with a vaccine that has West Nile&some of the mosquito borne diseases in a combo shot.I am sticking with what has worked for me for many years.Some vets prefer not to do combo shots.I never vaccinate for everything at once-if you have a problem you can't figure out what it is.Knock on wood I have never had a reaction from Rabies so it is usually given with combo shot that has flu-rhino( often a sore neck, but only for 1 or 2 days)

Latest posts

Back