Flower/weed ID help please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryHaven

Reaction score
In the 10 years we've been here I've never seen these before, and now they are all over our barn yard. No horses have access to them at the moment, although I do like to turn one or two out in the yard here occassionally, until I know what this is and if it's dangerous I haven't. Any help in identifying these would be really appreciated.

flow1.jpg

flow2.jpg

Thank you very much. I appreciate the id. I'll look up more info on it, and call the extention office too. I really appeciate the help. I'm horrible at ID'ing stuff like that.

The yellow flowers with the geranium looking leaves are Buttercup and are toxic for animals. Most animals won't eat them unless they don't have anything else to eat. The flowers look a little different according to where you live - but the leaves and stems look alot the same everywhere I have seen them.

http://www.caf.wvu.edu/~forage/library/poisonous/page9.htm

buttercup.jpg

Don't recognize the others -- there are several good toxic plant websites out there on the internet.

Cornell has a good one --- do a google of "toxic plants"

JJay

Latest posts

Back