Flower garden photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]See the snail?[/SIZE]

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5917.jpg

IMG_5916.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Somebody else likes them too.
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

IMG_5911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful!!! For "artsy fartsy"..........you did a great job "framing" with that first shot. Loved ALL of them and wish I had that kind of color in MY garden. Living in the desert kind of limits us though.

Just beautiful! I have just about lost all my flowers due to the deer coming in the evening. the deer resistant plants have done pretty good, but they have been enjoying the others. the pull them out and spit them out! LOL

This is just what I"ve been waiting for..........did you read my mind?

Beautiful, awesome, amazing, incredible....

My day just got better

Your beds are framed in grass! This is what I have been toying with. I don't want a lot of grass, but I think the paths in grass would be beautiful. You have proven this. Grand job!

Diane in OR

default_new_shocked.gif
Fantastic flowers and photography! I've never seen flowers like some of these! Great job and thank you for sharing!
default_yes.gif

God bless,

Joan

Thanks everyone--such kind comments.
default_smile.png
I had spent 2 hours each of the last two days weeding, so I wanted to show someone!
default_rolleyes.gif

The front used to be just lawn, Minxiesmom. I took wooden sticks and yarn and mapped out where I wanted the garden to be--then sprayed it with Round-Up, then added soil. A few years ago I added 40 bags of soil and I could hardly tell. Mulch helps a lot in keeping moisture in and weeds down. It would have taken 6 hours if I hadn't added that.
default_new_shocked.gif
It should be good to go with a few quick weedings now, IF I stay on top of it. Hopefully.
default_rolleyes.gif

Just beautiful Karla! Of course I wouldn't expect anything else.

Karla,

Your flowers are beautiful!! I especially love the blue!! I would LOVE a flower garden with just blue flowers!

Now I am motivated to get out there and do some weeding!!

Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures!!

Karla,

Your flowers are just beautiful. I love seeing others gardens.

(I get new ideas..... hehe ) What are the pink fuzzy ones?..

I'm a flower junkie too..... We've been blessed with a lot

of rain this year. My flowers and grass (and weeds) are all very happy.

I spent the last three days weeding too!

I have never had much luck with foxglove..?? I have one just getting

ready to bloom.... I'm so excited! Like being on "bud watch" hahaha

My german shepherd will surely decide to lay on it....... *Sigh*

If it does safely bloom... I will try to get pictures.
default_smile.png
)

~Sandy

Ya know.. we should start a thread of just flowers,, that would be neat!

Sandy--the pink and the white fuzzy feathery ones are called Astillbe. It also comes in a dark red, but I can never get that one to grow as well. They need a shady spot. Since the English Walnut tree keeps expanding its canopy, I get more shady spots every year--but it makes for a great photo.
default_biggrin.png
I get ones from that spot every year.

The rain has made it a fabulous growing season--except my hay guy lost his first cutting, so I'm waiting for a great second. I'm hoping the rain slows down, too, so my horses doesn't get too much grass. The pastures look on the verge of dry lots, but it grows up enough each night for them to get all then need--and more.
default_rolleyes.gif
We've never had to mow the pasturs once.

Latest posts

Back