Florida people.....Keep safe everyone!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers! God Bless! Please check in

when you can, so we know you all are okay.

Vicky

Although I moved from Ft. Lauderdale to Okla. 3 1/2 yrs ago, we left some very dear friends there. The ranch where we used to board at, Pegasus Ranch in Davie Fla. had a wonderful woman, fall victim to the hurricane. Barbara who is the ranch manager was out at the ranch with her husband tying things down. And a tree or a large limb fell on her. She passed away at 8:30 last night. Our hearts are broken for her and her husband and our extended ranch family. She has managed that ranch for over 20+ yrs.And has been fighting town officals to keep the 60+ horse ranch open. She will be sadly missed....Art & Theresa

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.
sad.gif
I'm keeping everyone in my prayers down there!

This time yesterday we were sympathizing with the folks in south FL and the ones in central FL ...where it looked like Katrina was headed next...now we could use some sympathizing up here...it looks like the good old magnet effect that our area seems to have is working like a charm...*sigh* ENGLAND is looking good right now....

We haven't had a hurricane since 1987 but it gets pretty windy!!! Anyway, I'm not sure which I'd rather, being blown away by the wind or being blown away by the terrorists- we've just let another lot in to cause trouble- our government is NUTS!!! You'd not be able to afford living here- better to stay in Florida. I hope all will stay safe, and am thinking of you all.

Geeeeeeee..........lets see..............terrorists or a hurricane. A no brainer to me. A hurricane can reak havoc on personal property but it doesn't kill a lot of people. Personal property can be replaced........lives cannot.

I have lived in Florida for 35 years now and Thank God have never had any significant damage from any of the hurricane. I do feel awful for all the people who have been hit so hard and to those who have lost their homes and so many personal posessions.

That being said...............take care you people in the panhandle. You have been hit more times than I care to think about. Looks like the entire Western side of the penisula is not even going to be effected as it looks to be traveling way to the West of us.

And, btw Fizz........our government is NUTS too!
new_shocked.gif

Im so sorry to hear of your poor friends death. I dont think they thought there would be anywhere near the damage that actually occured in S. fl. Be safe up there in the panhandle.

Latest posts

Back