Florida people - are you clipping yet this year?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suz

Reaction score
It's been in the 80's here in Fla lately (with overnights in the 50s-60s) and my guy still has his heavy coat. I'm tempted to clip tomorrow morning but as soon as I do, a cold snap will hit!

Is anyone in Florida clipping yet?

I guess if I do and it does get cold, that's what his blanket is for. He does have his stall. We've gone all winter without his blankie to let mother nature take care of him, so I really don't want to have to use it now, but if I have to, I have to.

I use a #10 blade.

Thanks.

Suz and Mocko

I am new here in Florida, almost 6 months. I bought a place that has no out buildings or fencing. The fencing is up, but the barn will have to wait, so I ordered a car port that will be here on Monday. Then my show horses will be shaved down and blanketed when they need to be. Many of my others, I have clipped their heads, necks, chests and bellies to help cool them off.

Most of my minis are shedding out but i have a yearling filly that had a super thick coat. I went ahead and clipped her. I would still keep a blanket handy. There's Still a chance for a dip in temps.

5 of mine are already bodyclipped (for a show last weekend) and many of the others are already shedding like crazy, so I will be clipping them soon. I really dislike shedding horses...hair flying everywhere...
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back