Floor covering?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to spend the extra on them I'd say comfort mats. Rubber crumb mattresses with a solid rubber mat on top.
Otherwise ditto 🤣

Have to agree with Maryann at MiniV, the Rubber mats with a layer of gravel and sand underneath, might actually be the best and the most simple solution for this kind of situations.

Gravel with mats is the best, but I have wooden floors (3/4 inch plywood over 4x4 spaced about every 12 inches) and mats over that and it works well. I have a very old barn and due to structural and drainage arguments from it, this is the best I could do. I bed deep and the stalls don't get stinky.

Have to agree with Maryann at MiniV, the Rubber mats with a layer of gravel and sand underneath, might actually be the best and the most simple solution for this kind of situations. Besides that, it is also really cheap to make such a floor for a stall. I mean, you do not need any kind of extra comfort and luxury in there, don't you? I actually have a friend that installed a parquet floor in his stall. Man, that is such a stupid idea. He even called for the guys from the best floor restoration agency online to help him install it.
Have to agree with you, the mats are the best solution!

Am I the only one who LOVES my concrete floors?? I put stall mats down along with deep bedding (shavings). No shifting or movement, easy to clean!

Latest posts

Back