Flirt Driving Pics Linkies! From the Evergreen Show! (page 3)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Well I had one of those truly wonderful weekends where the stars aligned and all went right with the world! We went down for the Evergreen Miniature Spectacular in Spanaway this weekend, and everything was just perfect. The weather was gorgeous and Mt. Rainier was a majestic presence, providing a magical backdrop. So many of our mini friends were gathered together to celebrate the fun of owning a miniature horse! The judges were personable and quite delightful.

I started the weekend off with a bang by arriving at the show grounds just in time for Alladdin's first class, solid color stallions/geldings. There were probably six or seven horses in the class, and Alladdin got a first and a third! It is the first time he has won a color class; I always enter him anyway because I think he is such a pretty color! That made me feel pretty happy, that is for sure. Then Flirt went into the Mares Single Pleasure Driving class and got a first and third out of three horses, and then I took her in Versatility. We had a GREAT drive in that class, but she was futzing around in halter and then got chargey at the jumps so we scored low in that class, 4th and 5th out of 5.

Then the fun started on the lucky day, 7/7/07. We kicked it off with a halter class for Flirty, because Syndi is going to show her in halter for me down at Nationals and wanted to practice with her to see how she would react. This is the first time that Flirt has shown in Halter. She was beautiful and perfectly behaved. We didn't do a halter show groom job on her and that is for sure, she was a hairy beast! But her beauty shone through and she won the class under one judge! Oh my goodness I was so happy I started to levitate right off the ground! Then she went into the Sr. Mare championship and won that as well! My little Flirty, a CHAMPION!!! My very first champion. Well that was certainly a good way to start off my day! Here is a picture of my beautiful girly-o being a halter star.
default_wub.png
: http://www.finchmeadowfarm.com/images/flir...2007-halter.jpg

Patty then drove Flirt in Ladies and also Open, where she garnered more honors, including winning the Jim Evers Memorial Open Single Pleasure plaque. Today she was wonderful, she earned 1sts under both judges in Ammy, then 1sts under both in THE STAKES CLASS! So yes, Flirty has her first two stakes wins! I was so proud of her I could have just bust! Then the final wonderful moment of the day where they announced that Flirt had WON THE HIGH POINT UNDER DIVISION DRIVING CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! Yet another levitation, I can tell you for a fact!!!

Alladdin also had a wonderful show, although his green-ness showed in both the hunter and halter obstacle classes. He is my little over-achiever, he has so much heart. We have practiced hunter stuff quite a lot, but when he got into that new arena, it was so scary to him. He refused the first jump, and when we came around to re-try, we ended up with THIS: http://www.finchmeadowfarm.com/images/alla...en2007-jump.jpg as I said before he is somewhat of an overachiever! LOL! :aktion033: Yay Alladdin! We went on to jump #2, where we had two more refusals and elimination. OH WELL, who could be upset with this darling little stud-muffin? http://www.finchmeadowfarm.com/images/alla...en2007-head.jpg We had another little hiccup in halter obstacle, did about half of them pretty darned well if I do say so myself, and the other half we botched kind of badly. Ah well, another learning experience! And of course the day ended with me and Alladdin's favorite class, Liberty. He gets soooo excited when he gets to do liberty! He is really quite a crowd-pleaser, everyone loves little Laddie. He is really perfecting his tricks repertoire, and showed off earlier in the day with his patented rear and walk: http://www.finchmeadowfarm.com/images/alla...en2007-walk.jpg isn't he just the cutest? Anyway, he just really showed off in Liberty, including coming to me at the end, rearing and walking to me on his hind legs, on cue of course! Then he leapt into the air with all four feet, spun, and took off again! Then turned back to me at a trot...just kidding! He said to me, with a glint in his mischievous eye. He took second under both judges out of 24 horses! That was just so exciting!

Alladdin's halter class went well, there was another stallion in the class at last, and we split the class, so that was kind of nice for both of us. I just love Gwen who owns the other little guy, so was glad it went the way it did with both of us leaving the ring with something in our hand. He didn't do anything in Ammy Halter, that is a hard class for us as he is just so tiny it is difficult to compete with the big guys.

Anyway, it sure was a wonderful weekend of fun with some great horses, good friends, and terrific weather! Saw so many folks, including HobbyHorse 23, Nootka, Crabby Chicken (and her daughter!), Prestige Minis and others, too tired to remember everyone at the moment, so sorry if I missed you!

Off to bed with me now, I am on a major case of sleep deprivation from the excitement of it all. So it is on to Central Point for Flirt and I in August, then NATIONALS, can't wait!!!

Edited to add: I forgot one important thing...the beautiful photos I linked to are courtesy of Kaufholtz Photography (http://www.kaufholtzphotography.com) I am hoping that the moderators will leave this on the main forum, since I provided links to the photos rather than embedding them. Thanks!!!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: Congratulations you must be over the moon. I love the photo of Alladin jumping, wow! :new_shocked: They both look amazing.

Amy,

I saw your mare's driving class (well, one of them...not sure now which) and she looks really nice! I was there on Saturday for a few hours and meant to say Hi, but then they took a lunch break and people scattered and then I was tired and knew I had a long drive home and left without saying Hi. :eek:

Congrats on both your horses' placings!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

:aktion033:

I got to peek a TEENY bit on Alladin in Liberty, and it was so cute. I loved his face off with Falcon, though, he has such a hilariously expressive face.

Congratulations on the wins, and a successful weekend!

(I was sure glad it wasn't hotter, that's for sure!)

Liz M.

:aktion033:

I got to peek a TEENY bit on Alladin in Liberty, and it was so cute. I loved his face off with Falcon, though, he has such a hilariously expressive face.

Congratulations on the wins, and a successful weekend!

(I was sure glad it wasn't hotter, that's for sure!)

Liz M.

You forgot to mention the part where Alladin rolled while you picked up your first place ribbon in the color class! :new_shocked: :new_rofl: He's such a cutie, I really enjoyed watching you work him for halter obstacle. I realized that I've never actually watched a halter obstacle class before this weekend (they're always on the first day and I usually arrive after they've been run) and I picked up some good ideas for how to train Kody by watching you do it. It wouldn't have occured to me to have him target my hand for pivoting, I'm used to using a lead laid on the side of the neck like I was neck reining a big horse and Kody has been pretty resistant to that. I also didn't realize most people signaled for a sidepass while standing in front of the horse. Ya learn something new every day!
default_yes.gif
:

Flirt is a BEAUTIFUL girl and she deserved her halter championship, groomed or not. She's gorgeous! Congratulations on all your wonderful achievements at this show. I missed the announcement of your high point, that's wildly exciting. :cheeky-smiley-006:

Someday I will get to see Esprit show too. It was nice to at least get a peek at him at the Liz shoot.

Leia

Amy.......congrats to you and your "fur kids".....

I was at the show on Saturday meandering about, but I never got to run into you. I ran into several other LB forum members, but I missed you. I missed Linda L also...bummer.

I do remember seeing the horse rear up outside so the photographer could get his picture and I had no idea that was you........sorry, if I had known, I would have introduced myself.

It was a great day, lovely weather and it looks like you did great!

Thank you so much, everyone! I wish I would have seen LindaL and Valerie!

Liz, I loved the boy face-off too. Of course, Alladdin has no idea whatsoever that Falcon could kick his royal little hiney! He has NO idea that he is as tiny as he is. LOL When we got home and I put him out with Danny he came into the stall, made a lot of noise and a big fuss, and once re-established they immediately went to grooming each other. Boys! It is all about the show of course.

All right, girls! I do NOT see with my first cursory look this morning any show reports from my compadres, a couple of whom also have some BIG NEWS! Right? ;)

Congratulations on such a good show and your pictures are great! Way to go!!!!!

champagne.gif

All right, girls! I do NOT see with my first cursory look this morning any show reports from my compadres, a couple of whom also have some BIG NEWS! Right? ;)
Okay Amy, you left me with too much of a leadin to NOT respond to this. First of all, congrats on Flirt's big wins. I made a point of watching her and saw her growing and getting better each time out. Isn't it fun to watch them grow??

Our show was pretty good with some nice placings in big country classes, a great hunter round over fences that were really well put together with flowers and brick walls, and Ron's reserves in the country stakes with Buddy. But the real news was back in the barn!! We were forced to take our mare, Jazz, with us to the show as we could not leave her home alone, her being at 325 days gestation. Taking a pregnant mare to a show carries huge risks, but this mare was pretty much raised in a show environment and is up on all her vaccines, etc. We have a box stall in the trailer, and we talked it over and at the time it seemed the best solution, and we were pretty sure that she would not foal AT the show so took a chance so we could keep her near us. She settled in well and we got ready to do some serious driving. Friday afternoon she began showing signs of agitation so we stayed up till 1;30am with her when she decided to turn off the process and go to sleep. So did we. We had a camera on her, which decided to go out in the middle of the night, so any of you that may have been there, that was me walking back and forth to the barn in my "jammies". About 10 Saturday morning, she started circling again and kept it up until I took her outside on the grass when she dropped her head and grazed quietly. Grrr! We realized that she was concerned about being locked in the stall alone rather than having a baby. Too much privacy...go figure. We put our show mare in with her and got her a panel for her door where she could look out. Instant relaxation. But at that point we could not leave her unattended because we didn't want her to have a new foal in that stall with the other mare. And of course we had a very full day of classes with four driving horses. A really good friend stood watch while we went off to the warmup. Wasn't more than 5 minutes when the "call" came. At 6:10 in the afternoon on Saturday, 7/7/07, Jazz delivered a bay pinto colt with an audience of about 30 wonderful people. Many had never seen a foal born and all were so very respectful of her, speaking in whispers. He was on his feet, had eaten and done his "business" within the hour. My hero of the show was my driving mare, Harmony, who has never been especially nice to other horses, but came through for us when we needed her most.

Dorothy

:aktion033: :517: YES Dorothy, that is certainly one of the big news stories of the show! And what a good-looking little fellow he is, too! A Bandito son, right? Beautiful bay and white pinto! I didn't want to spill the beans myself, that was quite the event, for sure! By the way it was so fun to see your gang out there driving, especially great to see Sandy Carr and her husband branching out into the breed shows as well! And I really do love seeing Ron using his Pacific Smart Cart in the country classes, he and his horse are a beautiful picture together and that cart helps make an elegant statement. It was so great in the class where Ron and Buddy were right behind Patty and Defender, those two horses were like a perfect match with one black and white and the other sorrel and white. Loved it! Ron placed well in that class, didn't he? I think second? Those country classes were very large.

Okay Amy, you left me with too much of a leadin to NOT respond to this. First of all, congrats on Flirt's big wins. I made a point of watching her and saw her growing and getting better each time out. Isn't it fun to watch them grow??

Our show was pretty good with some nice placings in big country classes, a great hunter round over fences that were really well put together with flowers and brick walls, and Ron's reserves in the country stakes with Buddy. But the real news was back in the barn!! We were forced to take our mare, Jazz, with us to the show as we could not leave her home alone, her being at 325 days gestation. Taking a pregnant mare to a show carries huge risks, but this mare was pretty much raised in a show environment and is up on all her vaccines, etc. We have a box stall in the trailer, and we talked it over and at the time it seemed the best solution, and we were pretty sure that she would not foal AT the show so took a chance so we could keep her near us. She settled in well and we got ready to do some serious driving. Friday afternoon she began showing signs of agitation so we stayed up till 1;30am with her when she decided to turn off the process and go to sleep. So did we. We had a camera on her, which decided to go out in the middle of the night, so any of you that may have been there, that was me walking back and forth to the barn in my "jammies". About 10 Saturday morning, she started circling again and kept it up until I took her outside on the grass when she dropped her head and grazed quietly. Grrr! We realized that she was concerned about being locked in the stall alone rather than having a baby. Too much privacy...go figure. We put our show mare in with her and got her a panel for her door where she could look out. Instant relaxation. But at that point we could not leave her unattended because we didn't want her to have a new foal in that stall with the other mare. And of course we had a very full day of classes with four driving horses. A really good friend stood watch while we went off to the warmup. Wasn't more than 5 minutes when the "call" came. At 6:10 in the afternoon on Saturday, 7/7/07, Jazz delivered a bay pinto colt with an audience of about 30 wonderful people. Many had never seen a foal born and all were so very respectful of her, speaking in whispers. He was on his feet, had eaten and done his "business" within the hour. My hero of the show was my driving mare, Harmony, who has never been especially nice to other horses, but came through for us when we needed her most.

Dorothy
Darn!! I few hours earlier and I could've seen that little begger enter the world, too... :eek:

Congrats on a lucky little baby...pics?? :aktion033:

I don't think my sister will mind if I post these. (If she does I'm sure she will find payback of some kind!
default_wink.png
: )Here he is: RS Mane Attraction, or Aussie (for short)

ayssue3.jpg

aussie2.jpg

aussie1.jpg

I can't believe with that many cool name possibilities you picked something completely unrelated! LOL. What about "Show Stealer" or "Center of Attention" (okay, I admit "Mane Attraction" is close) or "Jazz Bandit" (mama=Jazz, daddy= Bandito), with a barn name of "Lucky" for being born on 07/07/07??

Whatever his name is, he's darling. And I'm with Linda- if I'd just known, I could have watched the birth too! I was up in the ring watching Ron without a clue as the little one was coming into the world. :eek:

Leia

Boy he sure was the "main" mane attraction there for awhile.....and it was so nice & quiet....everyone being respectful & everyone wanting to peek in on the new little family...... he is just darling!!

:bgrin

[SIZE=12pt]Amy, that Flirt is an amazing little girl!!
default_wub.png
: Congrats on all her wins :cheeky-smiley-006: Her halter picture looks lovely!!![/SIZE]

You must just be so proud :aktion033: :aktion033:

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]

Oh how exciting Amy.....Flirt deserved that Championship thats for sure and so did you....Syndi can do soo much with those lil guys thats for sure...I think she should be able to pull her own weight at Nationals...And wow 2 stakes wins!!! How awesome.....

And Aladdin....Is just darling...You know me with heart set on the lil ones...I just love them

CONGRATS

Back