Flax?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily's mom

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Just got in from putting the "kids" to bed.

Every night we give the horse 1 cup of flax, does anyone give it to their donkeys?

I've never given it to them, it says mini horses can have 1/2 cup, just wondering if anyone does....

Oh, that is way (WAY) more than I give my minis. I don't know if it's different for donkeys? I give my show minis about 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed from March - September or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont feed flax either, but 1 cup seems like it would be WAYYYY to much for a miniature. Remember....donkeys are VERY easy keepers and dont really need any grains, and if yo udo want to grain 1/2 c. is more then enough, for a complete feed. I did feed Platform for awhile, and I know that contained flax, but I am sure it would of just compared to probably a teas to a tablespoon per cup, most good packaged feeds have it right in, so there really is no need to feed it seperately. I dont really know of anyone who does feed just flax to the donkeys to ask either. Sorry, cant help you on this one..SHAWNA....what about you??? Do you feed it??

Corinne

I have a big bag of Flax seed , but I havnt given it to them. I think it must be ground up before its given ...Is that right? Anyway , I might give it in Spring for show season to add shine , but only about 1 table spoon, per horse -Donkey

Latest posts

Back