Flash!Kaboom!Darkness!Zzzzzzzzz!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
So last night is Friday night and we are going through a version of the usual Friday night....I have tended to the horses and a meal for us (picked up hot steamed home made pork tamales with home made hot salsa and home made chips). Hubby has taken the 2 guard dogs on a walk on the neighbors' 10 acres behind us. We search for something to watch on Netflix. We select the first episode of Jericho. We had never heard of it until it was recommended on American Family Radio this week. It aired 2006-2008. The setting is Jericho, Kansas after the United States been hit with nuclear attacks. We watch, we are hooked, we are tired, we let the little guys (Chihuahua, Japanese Chin, and Shih Tzu)out for their tee-tee/poo-poo and put them to bed in the laundry room. Hubby goes to the rocking chair on the front porch to enjoy the evening skies and I trot off to bed. I am tired. I get up nlt 3:45 mon-fri to feed an insulin resistant horse and 9 others, shower, iron clothes, style hair, fix a lunch and rushhhhh off to work and start scrambling nlt 6:00 to involve myself in a plethora problems involving inventory of supplies for unc sam's military. Ok, so fresh on my mind is nuclear attack on U.S. (which I fully believe will happen in my lifetime). My brain is totally trashed from a week of news about Benghazigates, Gosnell trials, IRSgates, APgates, and a host of other world situations that trouble me; not to mention furloughs, which the time off does not bother me so much as the fact that my work clones itself when I am on vacation so when furloughs start it will be business as usual (absentia) . So I lie down. It feels so good. We purchased a bedframe this week. Have not had one in 3 years. I go comatose from exhaustion and stress. THEN there is a flash of light I can see around my bedroom curtains, 2 seconds later a big kaboom, and then the fans, the air conditioning, the night lights go out. It is SO dark I cannot see my hand in front of my face. My husband is scrambling around to light candles,find flashlights, and figure out what the h is happening. Keep in mind we just watched Jericho and he is living in the moment. I, on the other hand, have resolved in my mind that if I can just get a good night's sleep that in the morning I can fight aliens, foreign enemies, domestic enemies, as well as the son of perdition. So for me the dark is cool in a weird way. As far as I am concerned aircraft may have crashed, a fertilizer plant may have exploded, a drone may have hit a target, don't know can't muster the energy to care, somebody may have blown up anything. Maybe some of the mraps headed out by rail around here got blown up. I don't know. I am so tired I am in la-la land. Anyway, the power came on sometime during the night. It was on at 4:30 when hubby put the windows down. I took out my ear plugs that keep me from hearing the bark bark bark of the guard dogs. I slept till 7: 30 and still don't know what the kaboom was but was in ZZZZZZZZZZZ land from the time I went to bed. Anyway, today was a good day as far as progress of getting our place ready to sell. Ok, tonight we are about to start episode 2 of Jericho. Hopefully, afterwards I wll go night night but must admit that my dreams last night are troubling and puzzling Wish me sweet dreams please.

Soooo - episode 2?

What did your hubby think about your ZZZZZ nite? That's hilarious, in it's own way!

My hubby knows I can go into denial if I think my sleep is about to be disturbed. He once made me crawl under the house when we got hit by a severe storm. It smelled horrible under the house and I could just imagine what might be lurking or slithering under there. It smelled like male cat yuk and I ended up with an infection in my arm. I told him never again! He used to be a storm chaser and thinks pulling out the weather radio and running back and forth outside is a must do. Back when I had a walk-in closet I would take a sleeping bag into the closet and sleep there when storms came. I once fell asleep having an MRI and it was the enclosed type. Apparently, it was very entertaining for the staff there until they witnessed me have a nightmare and began trying to out of the machine.

We still don't know what made the big kaboom after the flash. Normally when the transformer beside our property blows it is just our lights and the people directly behind us. This blew out every neighbor's lights as far as we could see. The fact that we had just finished watching the premier of Jericho a couple of minutes before made it so eerie. We were not experiencing any bad weather, so who knows? I think we are really going to enjoy watching the series. I don't like the shows about vampires and zombies so this will be more my cup of tea. And I don't always get to sleep so soundly. Sometimes in HIS sleep my hubby makes noises like he has put on war paint and going on raiding party. I guess we really do deserve each other (wink).

default_new_rofl.gif
Your story is great and what makes it even funnier is I can relate!

Very clever, love it. Life is truly bizarre these days
default_smile.png
I think we can all agree on that!

Latest posts

Back