Flames

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
Good grief people. I was just reading a 3 page thread on people not responding to someone's posts. I haven't posted but one thing in well over a month. That one thing got a grand total of 0 responses. Why? Don't ask me
no.gif
I've been a member of this forum for a long time and I've seen it getting worse and worse. I've also been searching for a way to delete my membership, but can't find one. You see, a while back I got some serious flames for having as many dogs as I do and trying to rehome some of them. Is it not possible that anywhere but Tennessee can NOT have a humane society or animal shelter? Our county doesn't have a shelter yet. There's one in the works, but I don't think they've even broken ground on it. There are 2 shelters that are close. The closest (about 30 minutes from here) gasses the animals almost as soon as they get there, unless they're some kind of pure bred dog. They also charge $15 to gas those dogs. The second closest shelter (over an hour away) charges $25 and will keep the dogs for a week, then put them down. Now how fair is this to the animal?

But hey, maybe I should just leave these animals on the highways and in the drainage ditches to die instead of taking them home
sad.gif
My newest? He's a young kitten that I found in a drainage ditch under a road. He's a pure white, cross-eyed baby with a bum leg. Maybe you should ask him why I keep taking them in
yes.gif

I've had it with this place. I don't know where y'all draw the line as far as status goes, but apparently I've crossed it. I'm no where near being a newbie, either
no.gif
And I doubt very seriously it's because I don't show. Somehow I can hear "Bless you for taking him/her in" one minute, but then hear some pretty bad remarks for having so many the next. Maybe if y'all spent just one day in my shoes, you'd know how I feel. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one. And if anyone wants to know what I'm talking about, you're more than welcome to look up my past posts.

Mary Lou, since I can't figure out how to remove myself from this "wonderful" group of people, can you please ban me?
yes.gif

sad.gif
sad.gif
Oh Steph. I hate to see you go, but I understand. ((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

You are a blessing to all the strays you find! I truly mean it!

If you don't take them then they will turn into a wild pack. Had that going on here a few years back until a farmer took care of them.
no.gif
I commend you on taking care of them in a good way.

Fran

LOL!! I was just reading the same post!!! I was also thinking that I've had some post go unnoticed too. But hay mabey other things were more important on the board at that time. I don't know. It kinda hurt my feelings but nothing major. I'm still going to ask my very important or just goofy questions.

Anyway... I wanted to let you know your not alone in your rescue efforts! Combined with the help ( and very generous) neighbor we have saved 67 cats and 6 dogs! In 5 years time! I take them to the vet to get spayed or nutered and she pays for it!! She's such a wonderful lady! Very unique
rolleyes.gif
!

I just wanted to say again your not alone!
biggrin.gif
!

Leya

P.S. I have 4 cats and 3 dogs in a very small house! 12-14 barn kitties! They all don't come at the same time so it's kina hard to see exactly how many there is. My neighbor has 15 outside cats and you would just die to know how many she has in the house!!!

Don't go! If fo anyreason stay so that I have a fellow rescuer on here!

Poo on everything else!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww Steph I know how hurt you were over that incident but please don't let one person ruin your time here. You know we love you
wub.gif
. We all get flamed and even some of us flame too sometimes
rolleyes.gif
but just tell em to shut up and move on. I hope you will just take whatever time you need and come back. Personally I'd like to see that mama bear rise up in you and give em a good verbal smack next time
laugh.gif

Steph, I totally agree with you about the flames. I feel so badly for those people who are called stupid or whatever else the flamer feels they have a right to call them. Who in the world do they think they are to judge others? That sort of thing sure doesn't make people feel welcome. Makes me want to jump to everyone's defense, whether or not I think they did the right thing.

Maybe if we (collectively) told them their comments weren't appreciated it would stop some of it. A couple of people did that a few days ago when someone flamed Tony.

I've been disappointed several times too with the lack of response to some things I've posted, so I know how that woman felt when she expressed her frustration with lack of response.

As far as you having too many animals is concerned; who's to say how many is "too many" and who's business is it anyway????? I think you must have a heart of gold to protect and rescue them, no matter how many there are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read your post yet, and don't post much myself, but please know you aren't the only one!

I have literally spent almost every weekend this summer finding homes for puppies and kittens, I guess folks think since we have a decent house and other animals that they should dump their unwanted babies here.

My hubby is constantly giving me gump for doing this, but hey, we all have a purpose.

Please don't go... I am not one of the "in" group either. Seems like when I post the thread dies.
rolleyes.gif
There have been times I wanted to leave, but decided not too.

I also haven't been posting that much lately because I managed to hurt myself,, so spending most of my time holding up the sofa.

Well Steph...............YOu dont wanna go. I for one miss your posts.

I dont care how many animals a person owns as long as they can feed and care for them all. Heck Im sure some would blast me for haveing my at one point 14 hedgehogs in my house as well.

My bro just got a puppy. They dont know what it is, but they think it is a purebred. Somebody just droped him off and he made home at there house. HE really dont want a dog, however he is a good boy, dont bark, doesnt leave the front of the house and is good with the kids. So he has decided if nobody comes looking for him with in a week he will take him in and get all of his shots and what not for him then he wont be leaveing.

Steph you have had a lot on your plate for such a young wife and mommy. Just hang in.

Steph I hear ya and it's really bad not to have a shelter near me. The closest ones are two counties over and they will not let me take animals there being out of their county. They check driver's license to see where you live to be sure you stay in your own county, shelter or no shelter!

What you do is your business but atleast you take the animals in off the roads and feed them and try your best instead of looking away. You are in the right Steph for not turning your back on them and I am very sorry about you being so hurt.

I know you had said that you had a lot of dogs there, like I am over-run here with cats and yes I would like to re-home some but no one else wants any grown cats or even kittens anymore and the spay and neutar clinic only comes now once a year. My mom always taught me to do the best with what I have and I believe that you are doing more than your best.

I get flamed a lot and I also speak out of turn myself sometimes but I don't believe anyone intentionally wants to hurt you or see you leave. Again I am sorry that you've been hurt in the past, but just move on and stay put.
wub.gif

Steph,

I also commend you taking in the abandoned animals. Definitely NO flames from ME.

(I've also been flamed on here. Yes, it shakes you up a bit. But then I try to be a "duck" and let the bad stuff just wash off my back.)

Stick around, okay?

MA

Oh don't go!

But I hear ya!

Remember as hurtful as it may be it is just someones opinion. Opinions are free on this board so we love them
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I will look up your posts!

I rescue everything I find!

I have been laughed at my whole life for this BUT heck I don't care!

the people who are laughing at me are not anyone I would want to be bothered with anyway!!!!

I say keep laughing and don't let the door hit you on the way out and I say it all with a big smile on my face!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Just the other day, a lady asked me what was wrong with me that I had all these animals, I replied sweetly "Oh everything is wrong with me!" She looked confused
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Be yourself and do what works for you, you will be happier for it!!!!

Where do you live, just curious?

Hi Steph....it's good to see you again. I'm sorry you feel the way you do and you have had your feeling hurt. You are such a good person and very kind hearted ...I've seen it in your posts through out the years and in your e-mails too. With the diversity of people on this forum and the ones that come and go to this site, there are many personalities ...some get along...some don't.....others need to flame others to make themselves feel better and some just do it to be mean. I've gotten my fair share of ars kicks, and have had my feeling hurt, but to me those people are insignificant and are'nt worth my attention. I have friends here on this board, we all support each other, and that makes bad days better. I don't want to see you go. It warms my heart to see and hear when you have rescued yet another little unfortunate abandoned creature.

Remember the world is a big ball of comglomerated people with all kinds rolled into the mix...don't let other's dictate what you will or won't do. I understand the need in your heart to go.....I'll miss you if you do.

Oh Steph, I think many of us old timers really understand what you are saying. I tend not to post much any more because it seems that there is a group of individuals that just love to be nasty to others, and frankly, I choose not to post much of what I have learned that works best for me because of it. It seems that often no matter what my thoughts are, there are those that wish to just post the opposite in a rude manner just to cause me to get my hackles raised. Maybe I am being oversensitive, maybe not, but rest assured that you are NOT alone in feeling the lack of caring that some are portraying. I have privately had this same conversation with others and yep, there are quite a few of us who just don't post much any more because of this attitude that seems to be getting more prevelent on the forum. So please don't go because of someone's rudeness. And honestly, there have been times that I haven't gotten responses as well. So I just try again or bump my post to see if I can get more interest. Laughs. At least I know that we all are being treated as equals.

Steph......where are you? I have been doing rescue work forever over the years I have slowly developed a great support network of other rescuers and shelters......alone we cannot save them all but together we save many.....I simply will never allow myself to get overwhelmed and I do know my limits...right now I have someone wanting to give me 4 birds (haven't even figured out what kind yet) ...I used to raise birds BUT I am allergic and I have cats who would love to eat birds and a bird dog so not in the best interest of my current animals or the birds......as soon as I have all the info on them I will contact 2 people and begin the chain we should have a permanent home found for them in no time at all.......

tell me where you are and I can try to find others in your area who can help you.......heck the dogs can be placed out of your area even as there are networks of transporters as well ............

Oh, Steph, I'm sorry you feel like you can't be here anymore. I for one would never flame you for having a lot of animals. You are taking good care of them and being responsible - so as far as I'm concerned you can have as many as you want! I will miss you
sad.gif
I hope you and your family are doing well.

new_shocked.gif
Rescueing like old age isn't for sissies. I gave up rescueing years ago because I came to the point that I learned I couldn't save them all and my friends would answer my calls with "no I cant take another......." It's so easy to lt ourselves get snowed under with rescues. I now live with my last rescue, an old man cat someone dumped in a graveyard to starve and he almost did. I've worked with the SPCA and helped found the Animals Aid, and I"veworked alone. Any way you looked at it rescuing is a thankless task.
new_shocked.gif
As long as your energy holds up may the Lady bless your selflessness many times over because not every one can do what you do.
yes.gif
yes.gif
Just keep in mind flames are good for many things ,they can warm you, cook your food ,or dispose of your trash,so use your share of the flames wisely. Let no good flame go unused.

Nope. Cannot ban yourself. Cannot delete your membership. Sorry, sweetie, you're stuck with us!!!
laugh.gif

There a so many good people here on the board, Steph - please stick around. I've been on the forum for what - 8 years now (?!!!) - you'll notice that the ones who come on and make nasty comments generally are gone within a few months. Give it time. Ignore them. They really don't make a difference in your daily life. Focus on what matters, and know that there a LOT of good people here, too!!!

Liz R.

I really do understand how you feel Steph!

I havent felt like I really belong on here lately either,....I thought maybe I was just posting to much at first and making everyone crazy,..then,..we went through a couple of bad moths and all I seemed to post was bad things,...maybe not having an actual mini has somthing to do with it too
no.gif

Sooo,..I have been sorta avoiding coming here and posting like I use too,...But,..you are right,..It does hurt!!!
sad.gif

There are people on here that get a response to almost every post that they put,..then you get people like us,...

I guess it is alot like school on here,..you get your poular kids,..then you get the kids who are the *unpopular,.sitting by them selfs type*

Big Hugs to you Steph,..from a friend who knows what it is like not to have a lot of friends,...If you ever want to,...pm me and I could call you.

I also think it is great that you take in the homeless animals,....We have 4 dogs here,..and not a lot of money,..but,..doesent mean that we dont love them,..our dogs get fed before we do ,..The girls first,..then our animals ,..then Fred and I.
yes.gif

Dont go Steph
sad.gif
,..If nothing else,.we can post to each other,..LOL Take care,.ok

Terri
smile.gif

Kudos to you for rescuing the unwanted pets....unless a pet was being neglected, I would never tell someone they had too many pets, how is that for me to judge, how many is too many?

Sorry, I understand your feelings are hurting right now. I can totally relate to the whole non-response to postings....I used to feel bad & sometimes I still do if I feel like I don't get responses regarding topics, but then I think back & go...hmmm.I did post that pretty late in the evening and being on PAC NW time, most everyone is off to bed...so the post is probably buried by the next morning.

I do hope you will reconsider leaving, there are a lot of us out here and no I don't post often, because I am not on the forum daily (dang job gets in the way of all my fun time)... but do know that there are others out there just like you......we are a big forum family and all families are dysfunctional at times.... we put the "fun" in dysfunctional!! Don't go....
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back