Flames due early September :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how is she looking today? happily growing that baby? you must be glad she isn't due now like what my girl is... haha September will be a lovely time to foal out a mare
default_smile.png

best of luck with everything!

And let me PROMISE you -- you will NOT get yelled at by anyone on HERE! We don't do that, we are here to join in the pleasure of watching these special little mommas, to help you get a healthy foal safely to the ground. You will NEVER get anything here even "close" to being mean.

She's still the same, I'm thinking about getting someone out to clip her tummy so I can get a better pic of her, I just need to find that someone
default_smile.png
hey can I clip her tummy with normal household clippers like the boys/men use?

I can't stand this cold, windy, wet weather come summer
default_smile.png

If my other girl Goldie is pregnant she'll be due when it's cold poor baby
default_sad.png

You can certainly use the clippers the boys use to shave their heads, yes. They should work just fine -- but you may have to buy the guys a new set! LOL

Lol I'll just clean them and put them back lol they'll never know heheheh nah I'm not that cruel
default_smile.png
fantastic now I need to do some research.... Wish me luck, poor Flamingo.... hope she loves me after this ;)

I'd try cleaning them up and putting them back too.....because I AM that cruel! LOL Besides, boys hardly ever even notice that kind of thing -- you just have to get all the little hairs out -- especially if the color doesn't match the boys!!
default_whistling.gif

some mares love having their tummy's clipped when they're preggers, Suzie does. she loves the itchy scratchy feeling haha I'm sure she will be fine, just take it slow and if you feel they have had enough give her a break... I find giving them some hay to munch on helps to distract them as long as they aren't messy hay eaters lol, my guys just stand perfectly still while I clip away hehe
default_smile.png

good luck!

Hi peeps, no baby for me this year
default_sad.png
turns out Flame slipped her foal
default_sad.png
I had the vet out on Monday because I had my suspicions and she confirmed by ultrasound
default_sad.png
so I'm a bit devistated and still in denial Lol but going back on my thread it looks like it happenend back in May (7 months along)

The vet has given me the all clear so when she comes back into seasons we'll try again but with my little stallion Silver Astroid aka Asrto, he's a silver dapple and stands at 29 inches, so should be a lovely foal
default_smile.png

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So sorry to read this, but we've all experienced this, so you're among friends!

I'm very excited about the upcoming prospect! Looks like a nice looking daddy-to-be!

Thank you, it's natures way
default_smile.png
and hopefully if it all works out he'll be the daddy to 2 foals next year (Flame & Goldie's) fingers crossed
default_smile.png

Back