Flames due early September :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Hi, is it possible that the foal has moved so she doesn't look pregnant anymore?

Would love to know your thoughts on this please
default_smile.png

Not sure what you are seeing, but from those pics, she looks perfectly pregnant to me.
default_yes.gif

default_smile.png
Well that's great to hear, thanks Anna
default_smile.png
she just seemed to have lost the buldge out the sides of her tummy, the foal must be laying in a different postion, I think she's lost weight all over too, so now when I look at her she seems to look smaller.

Her sides being "flat" or "slab-sided" is baby moving into position, lining up his/her spine with mommas and not laying sideways. Perfectly normal and expected. Not to worry! They take on the almost non-pregnant look when viewed from the rear looking down their sides. This is just perfect !

She's looking good!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Sorry not the best pics

She's doing really well and her personality is awesome now too.

I just found out that her actual due date is the 20th of September

so at least now I have something to work off
default_smile.png

Apart from that there's really nothing else to report.

Hi all, there's been so many beautiful foals born this year congratulations everyone!

Thought I'd share some updated pics of flame.

Has anyone got any pics of their maidens around this same time for me to compare tummies?

Because I feel she should be bigger for this stage in her pregnancy, to me she's huge until I see other pregnant minis lol

Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm sure someone will let me know on here
default_smile.png
image.jpg

Maidens are the hardest to judge. Some can carry their little ones so high and tight, they don't even look pregnant. Then, those mares that have had many babies just have everything "stretched out" so they can really look huge. I know some have shared pictures of their maidens the day or so before delivery -- and they didn't look pregnant at all. Not to worry.

She's looking good.

Thanks heaps
default_smile.png
the vet has confirmed this pregnancy and I'm still questioning myself lol

I will be introducing Goldie (Shades of gold) in March/April next year when she's close to foaling, unless I get a tad excited and post monthly pics of her
default_smile.png

Here's a sneak peak of my Woolley mammoth, excuse the hair and mud it's been a very cold, wet and muddy winter here

default_sad.png
image.jpg

I'm not great at this but when I compared the first pictures to these pictures they seemed the same, very little change.

Is it possible to get a vet out this late into the pregnancy or is it toooo risky?

Or should I just sit and wait patiently (huh yeah sure) and see what happens? She rejects my Stalion when I let them out for their daily psychotic run lol I haven't seen or felt movement but in saying that being winter here she's rugged majority of the time and when I'm outside with them I try and make it quick visits because its soooo cold.

Now I'm confused
default_sad.png

So glad your vet confirmed this beautiful Goldie as pregnant. We'll be looking forward to enjoying watching her grow and grow! LOL

When is her due date?

No I haven't had Goldie confirmed by the vet I was talking about Flame, sorry I should have mentioned her name but if Goldie is, she will be due in April/may I can't remember the dates I'd have to look it up
default_smile.png

both your girls are gorgeous!
its so hard to know with a maiden, we thought one of my mini horses was pregnant three years ago, turns out she was just fat and she looked bigger then your girl...

the fact that she is rejecting the stallion is good... to feel movement put your hand under her tummy just in front of her udder.... does she have the starting of an edema at all? being a maiden she may not but some do...

hard to know with your little girl but she should be showing some pretty big signs in the next month so watch for them
default_smile.png

If it ever stops raining I'll go outside and check her over and get back to you on that one
default_smile.png

She's due early sept ? And remember flame is only a 2yo herself . I would be getting the vet out around a month before due date just for a check up .to make sure she's looking good to go . I'll have to come for a drive and see her before she's due . Then after She has foaled of course .

Try not to be too deterred by the pics . It's hard to tell with the thickness of a Melbourne winter coat .

Start taking some regular pictures for us all to see so we can be right along side you during her final months
default_smile.png

Hi Ryan, so I don't get yelled at by anyone on here lol the vet told me that she was older than 2 she's more like 4 or 5, when I got her I was told she was 2 and will be 3 this sep.

Yes Ryan we will have to organize a catch up and u could maybe bring Rexina up to meet Astro
default_smile.png
I'm sure he would love her
default_smile.png

Back