Fixing tanks that leak?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrminis

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is anything that can be used to fix a tank that has a crack and leaks.. I call them rubber but I am not sure that is actually what they are.. They are the black oval tanks that you can get at TSC or Orschlens.. I think they hold 50 gallons or so. I have 3 of them that have cracked over past winters and I just keep putting them aside and buying new ones but if there is a way I can repair them so they hold water that would be very nice.

Thanks!

Epoxy or fiberglass repair might work, but so far, I haven't had much luck trying to repair the rubber/plastic tanks to hold water. I did put one back together and it works fine as a hay tub for one mare; although she throws the hay out and stands in the tub, eating the hay off the ground around her.
default_rolleyes.gif

You can try the heavy duty adhesive patch kits for tubes (tire tubes) or you can try mighty putty (Billy Maise) or plumbers putty.

Dianne is right, you can use aquarium sealer to fix the cracks and it's non- toxic to livestock! I would be afaird to use anything else!

Bill

My husband is a bodyman, so I asked him what he may have in his bag of tricks. He didn't have much to say. He throws ours away, as he worries about what can become caustic to the ponies. But he did say heat, melt it back together.

But aquarium sealer......good idea.

Latest posts

Back