First Skin Biopsy Results Back

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Vet just called and said he had the report from the histopath. Histopath said the skin was normal but he detected a mild allergy. So I asked why the antihistimine I gave him didn't do any good, and the vet said sometimes it just didn't work.

Still waiting for fungal, bacterial, and insect reports.

I am bathing him twice a week with alternating fungal shampoos, per vet's instructions. Some areas have healed and new ones come up. The yeast fungus pledgettes seem to be helping the insides of his ears.

He has also been on flax for two months, which I had heard was good for skin trouble, and I rub MTG on the trouble spots.

The biopsy site has broken open--it is right on his shoulder where he rolls on it--so I am hydroing it and using the aluminum spray. He cannot work in harness till it is healed, as it is right where the breast collar rests.

Asked about cost today, and vet said he won't know till he gets the bill from the lab.

The horse is a very good boy, so I hope we can get him some relief. One good thing, he is getting REALLY laid back about baths!

Its always the not knowing !! I sure hope he can get some relief soon and you can get some answers. Ill pray for relief for your boy and a tiny lab bill for you!! Heidi

I don't know if this will help. One of my foals rubbed the hair off both shoulders. I put some Corona Ointment on the spots just a couple of days and cleared it right up and he stopped rubbing it. My dads care taker started me on the stuff, she used it on his bed sores. Every since then I always have a tub of it in my first aid bag. They usually have it at the feed stores, TSC.

Good luck! Hope he is better soon.

Corona Ointment is a new one for me. I will check it out.

I think when/if I find out exactly what the problem is, I will know better what product to use on him. Right now I am using so many things, that finding out which is working woudl be impossible!! :arg!

I've had him 11 months, and when i got him he was a crusted, ragged mess. So, whatever I am doing this summer is better than what he got last year at least.

He actually doesn't seem that miserable, or else he has a high tolerance for misery.

Latest posts

Back