First show - are there REALLY 100 halter classes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had SO much fun! Everyone was really nice and so friendly. The very first person who saw us introduced herself, asked all about us, and took one of her horses out for us to meet.

There weren't 100 halter classes, but there were a LOT! It was great seeing all of the different colors and a lot of the things about showing minis are very much like what we've done. But there's a lot different too, which was neat.

Funny story... On the way there, my husband told me, "NO squealing. And no laughing at the tiny buckets and tiny little halters. I am sure these people are as serious as we have always been about showing." I was like, "OK. No squealing or laughing."

We had not been there a half an hour when he saw a mini foal with his mama. He turned to me and said in all seriousness, "I think I am gonna squeal!" lol.

We didn't come home with any, but we are going to look tonight and Sat.
default_smile.png

Hi Oakrunfarm. I do not post here often, but saw this thread. I guess you went to Williamston Summer Classic? I was there to just visit friends that show a lot. I have recreational driving minis, 2 B size, one A. I am wondering where you are? I live outside of Beaufort, NC on the coast. Several mini owners along the coast are interested in getting a little fun driving club going. Send me a message if you would like to come visit.

Hi Melinda!

Yes, we went to Williamston, and had a really nice time.

We live over between Raleigh and Greensboro, so don't get over that way much, but thanks for the invite!

Hope to run into you at a show in the future, and good luck with your new club!

So glad you had such a great time. The world of miniatures is wonderful, and by the way your addiction has already begun...no stopping it now

we are also from the full size horse world. We just love the miniatures so much.

They are just a pleasure especially when your in your 60's its a real help with getting older and all those years of big horses can take it's toll on you. lol

Hi there !!! It was so nice to meet you and your husband...thanks for joining us at the show !! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed seeing our beautiful Miniature Horses. Welcome to our world !

Hope to see you out and about
default_smile.png

This is such a fun and exciting time in your venture into the Miniature Horse World. There are lots of opportunities for fellowship and of course we invite you to our club and to visit the website. www.ecmhc.com. Our 2 major shows are concluded for this year, but we offer other gatherings thruout the year. Come join us !

Latest posts

Back