First Shetland

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Real Redneck

Reaction score
I am buying a Mini Shetland cross and I have never done anything with shetlands

Are they diffirent from minis?

Do they have diffrirent charictors?

Are the rumers true that they are dangerous to drive? Any info will be great

HELP:upset:

Real Redneck

Tx

Git'R'Done
flirt.gif

Congrats!! do you have pics you can show us?? We love pics.

I think any horse can be dangerous to drive if its not well trained. Doesnt matter if its a mini, shetland, cross or a big horse.

I have one shetland and 12 minis. My shetland is more "horse like" if that makes sense. She is quite the character and we just love her! im hoping to get a shetland/cross in 2005
smile.gif

Just like Kay said... it depends on the horse itself, and the quality of training it's had. There are plenty of minis I wouldn't sit behind, and plenty of Shetlands that are grand driving horses. If you are very experienced in training and driving, then you're all set, if not, get top-notch help, and you'll be good to go.

Well, I have 24 minis and drive them alot I trained 4 of them to drive myself.

Some people say either I'm really brave or really really stupid, I'll hop in any cart and drive anything I can

Just someboby told me that it was very hard to find a good safe Shetland, I can do anything with minis Ground work, Paper work & everything in between, but when it comes to shetlands somebody had better just shoot me & get it over with
whistling.gif

P.S.

I do not have any pics yet, but soon as I do I'll try to put them on

Real Redneck

Tx

Git'R'Done
flirt.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We have both minis and miniature Shetlands......just from my own experience, I find that the Shetlands are more animated in everything they do. I have plenty of "laid back" minis, but I'd never describe my Shetlands that way.

I agree that they are more "big horse" in that once you gain their trust and loyalty, they will be with you for life. But they also have long memories. They are SMART.

MA

We have both minis 1/2 Shetlands and minis and mini Shetlands . We love them all and are careful when we drive any horse.

Latest posts

Back