First ride on my baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovinarabs

Reaction score
I've been working with our young Rev (our new 2 year old) in the round pen doing ground work and the other day when my husband was home for the weekend I even worked up the nerve to throw my leg over and be led around. He was awesome, Rev that is. So last night when he was saddled up (which he is accepting as no big deal already) I decided that it was time for his first real "ride". I had my daughter in the middle in case I needed her help to get him to move. I didn't want his feet to get "stuck" and have a blow up on my hands. When I free round penned he never even offered to buck once, which was a positive omen I felt. So I got the mounting block and laid over his back from both sides, rubbing and getting him used to my weight again. Then I swung the leg over and off we went. He was pretty quick, took off loping right away. But it was a nice easy lope and I am so excited about how smooth it was. He settled in after a few trips around and we walked and trotted easily. He was such a good boy and didn't offer to buck even once! I didn't need Libby's help either as he did everything I asked of him. Now to start working on getting used to the bit and bridle too. He wore the bit for a while last night, but when I was riding I didn't want him distracted and annoyed so I had taken it off. He'll need to spend more time with it on today. Such a good boy he is! Enjoy a few pictures (and try to ignore those popped up heels!)

RevandIweb.jpg

Revandmeweb.jpg

firstrideweb-1.jpg

RevandIride-1.jpg

Congrats to you, he is a handsome boy! Keep us updated on his progress...

That's a great feeling, having that first good ride and having it behind you LOL. Handsome boy too.
default_smile.png

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job, fantastic horse. Congrats on your 1st ride. He looks like he is going to be a great pleasure horse. Funny about the Rev that is thing! Love a good sense of humor.

Back