First National - Some observations/opinions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeFleurPeek

Reaction score
1) The quality and presentation of the horses is an eye-opener. An amazing thing of beauty. A

Top 10 placing really is an accomplishment to be proud of.
aktion033.gif

2) The bigger stables are in almost every class! Must buy a lot of energy drinks.

3) 99% of the people and staff I met were extremely friendly, making for a more positive

experience.

4)If you sleep in the barns and are sensitive to noise there is a very small window of time for

sleep in a lot of cases.

5) The snack bars have a poor selection of food and inflated prices (lucky we brought a fridge)

6) $5 to wash a load of laundry? FIVE bucks?
smileypuke.gif

7) Great place to go if you are trying to lose weight and use only your feet the entire time (I lost 12 lbs in 12 days)

8) The arena is top-shelf - VERY cool for the horses, handlers and spectators, awesome

to drive in and show in.

9) Great place to buy mini tack and all things mini at the vendors area

10) A first-class RaceBook for those who like the occasional wager (food not so good there

though)

11) My favorite class = definitely Chariot.

12) Dog lover's paradise!

13) Lastly, I can't wait to return in 2011!
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Great observations!! I totally agree with you on a lot of them!! Happy to read how much you seemed to enjoy yourself. Nationals certainly isn't for everybody....lots of hard work, late nights, and pushing yourself to the limit! But...great horses, great people all working towards the same goal....these wonderful animals that we love. I have met so many people that are so special to me at Nationals...life long friends and this year we (Sarah and I) met a very special lady that I think will be one of those very special friends. So with that being said, again so happy to hear from someone that enjoyed themselves.
aktion033.gif

1) The quality and presentation of the horses is an eye-opener. An amazing thing of beauty. A

aktion033.gif

2) The bigger stables are in almost every class! Must buy a lot of energy drinks.

3) 99% of the people and staff I met were extremely friendly, making for a more positive

experience.

4)If you sleep in the barns and are sensitive to noise there is a very small window of time for

sleep in a lot of cases.

5) The snack bars have a poor selection of food and inflated prices (lucky we brought a fridge)

smileypuke.gif

7) Great place to go if you are trying to lose weight and use only your feet the entire time (I lost 12 lbs in 12 days)

8) The arena is top-shelf - VERY cool for the horses, handlers and spectators, awesome

to drive in and show in.

9) Great place to buy mini tack and all things mini at the vendors area

10) A first-class RaceBook for those who like the occasional wager (food not so good there

though)

11) My favorite class = definitely Chariot.

12) Dog lover's paradise!

yes.gif

Can't wait to go next year! Every year we say we're going, then end up not being able to go for some sort of reason. Next year we are going even if we have to drive the cart to get there! I'm starting a "nationals fund" asap! AND saving up all my vacation time. Not missing out on the fun AGAIN!

Oops, I forgot one...

14) My two favorite horses (other than my own, of course) were Enchanted Hollow King Zebulon and (sorry don't remember the prefix at the beginning) "Holy Smoke I Wuz A Bad Boy". I loved watching those 2, especially the King driving.
smile.gif

aktion033.gif

experience. I have always found them all friendly and helpful.

sleep in a lot of cases. We sleep in the barn and if you are tired enough, you will sleep. I also had to take tylenol PM to sleep after walking on the asphalt all day so that helped.

5) The snack bars have a poor selection of food and inflated prices (lucky we brought a fridge) We not only have a fridge but have a microwave and this year we added a 5 cu ft freezer with frozen sandwiches and stuff from Sams

smileypuke.gif
Brought lots of clothes and did laundry for 4 days after we got home.

7) Great place to go if you are trying to lose weight and use only your feet the entire time (I lost 12 lbs in 12 days) Always loose weight--just put it back on at home cause I am too tired to move after a week or more at nationals.

to drive in and show in. I agree

9) Great place to buy mini tack and all things mini at the vendors area We always bring an extra couple of hundred $ to spend on tack for the next year. Always get a good deal on barn halters.

though)

11) My favorite class = definitely Chariot. I like that class--also the fancy turnout and roadster classes.

12) Dog lover's paradise! Absolutely!! We bring 3.

yes.gif
Me either and I hope to meet you next year.

Oops, I forgot one...

14) My two favorite horses (other than my own, of course) were Enchanted Hollow King Zebulon and (sorry don't remember the prefix at the beginning) "Holy Smoke I Wuz A Bad Boy". I loved watching those 2, especially the King driving.
smile.gif
The prefix on the gray driving horse is MLM Holy Smoke I Wasza (can't remember how they spell that part) Bad Boy, aka Bass. He lives right here in OK! Pretty boy, isn't he? I believe this is his 2nd year of driving.

Sorry I missed meeting you!

Back