first mare up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had left the computer on in my husbands office last night and he just called me to get up and see Laceys new baby. If I only stayed awake a fewmore minutes...darn!!

Congratulations Miss Lacey!!

default_laugh.png
Lacy's got it goin on ... I'll just lay here son .... you know where breakfast is!

Looks like he's doing a great job of having breakfast while Mom is resting. That's the way the go there!
default_wink.png

Congratulations Lacey and Family!!!

"If" I had only stayed up just a bit longer!!

What a handsome little man
default_wub.png
- I love those white stockings and white on his face - he looks like he is a colorful little guy!!

It is hard to believe that all of that fit inside of Lacey - she seems like such a good and patient mom - I love it when the babies figure out how to nurse even when momma is lying down!!

WOW!!! Now we can all get some "uninteruppted" sleep at night without waking up numerous times to check on Lacey.

Thanks Lacey and family for sharing!

default_aktion033.gif
Congrats! He looks to be a beautiful foal(from what I can see with that blanket on). He seems to have some of his mothers personality, he wants to stand with his rear up against her kind of Lacey holding up the wall. lol.

I agree with Whitetailsminis-who is up next?

And I love horsefeathers name suggestion!!
default_yes.gif

Yay! It's so nice to finally see the new addition standing in Lacey's stall. Congratulations!

After having watched this little mare since Jan 13--literally--I just knew I was going to miss the birth. So happy to see that he is here and seems to be a spunky little guy. And big! No wonder Lacey looked like a miniature Orca, carrying him around. She seems so happy to be able to lay down again. Looked like a cat laying in the sun until he forced made her get up and FEED him. Can't wait to see him sans blankie. Johnnie come lately is a great suggestion.....or Sleepless Nights in Idaho.......ha ha

Congrats to everybody!

I've just been lurking and watching Lacey since you changed the due date LOL and never felt she was ready until last night but went to sleep early and missed the delivery. What a gorgeous little boy she had for you. Congratulations to you all.

Do you have a name? Apolo Ohno it would be if he were mine as he became the most decorated U.S. Winter Olympian with 7 medals last night. Ohno would be a great name or Apolo either one and then there is his middle name Anton. Can you tell this 63 year old lady is in love with Mr. Ohno. Now that is another cute one Call Me Mr. OhNo
default_wub.png

its a COLT!!! and a loud one at that!!! he looks to be silver bay!!! hes a beauty thanks for watchin!
I let out a loud YELP when I logged in this morning...I cannot wait to show my hubby and kids!!!

CONGRATS TO you and Lacy!!!!!
default_wub.png

How long will the camera stay up?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Baby blue "It's A Boy!" ballons for you and Lacey! My mother and I both attempted to catch it yesterday/last night on our computers, me at my house and her at her house, and we gave up not long before she had him. Too bad we missed it.
default_sad.png

I will be breeding my mare this Spring for a 2011 foal and this experience (your mare, your camera, and this thread) has made me decide to buy a camera and do Mare Stare next year while we are awaiting the foal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has he laid down yet? I haven't seen him. Yrs ago I had a foal not lay down for two days, then he was so tired that he just fell down and the look on his face was relief. I didn't know then that you can teach them to lay down, once in a while I get a foal that doesn't lay down for a long time, I gently lay them down and rub on them and make them stay down and relax. I'm just mentioning this in case he's one like this.

I hope you put pictures on without the blanket, I'd love to see him close up, I missed the birth too, woke up at 1:15 our time. Congratulations, he looks so straight and healthy.

Yeah, got up this morning to check on Lacey and there's an extra face in there!! Missed the birth but glad everything went just fine. She looks happy to take a load off her legs and enjoying just laying there. And he says, no! Get up mommy!! LOL

Congrats on your cute new baby!!!

P.S. I dont think he is late, I think your original Feb due date was correct.

Dangit -- I knew I would miss it and of course I did -- my labtop froze up at midnight so I took that as a sign to go to bed... If only I had went to the other computer I would have seen it
default_smile.png
But Congrats on your new colt.... Cant wait to see him without a blankie....

default_new_shocked.gif
wow i would love to see a photo of him. I missed his birth. we were in florida until this morning. i just got home to check,saw you have a handsome colt.
default_wub.png

i wish i could have see the birth. did you record the birth? I love pintos
default_biggrin.png

Does he have blue eyes or brown?

way to go lacey, he is so cute.he was worth the wait.

what are you going to name him. (worth the wait lol) how tall is this fellow?

Shoot. I missed all the excitement too. He's a little beauty though. Standing there sleeping right now. Momma needs to teach him to lay down....he looks like he's about to topple over.

I watched and must say, Lacey was amazing. She laid down twice (like she was going to nap), the second time the bubble was visible. No pacing until it was over. With all that white milk it just had to happen, so I sat at the computer while the Olympics were on. I'm so glad all went well with mama and son. Congrats to all.

Congtatulations! I stayed watching as long as I could as it was pretty obvious a foal would be born soon. Glad it all went well, many of us can relax now until the next mare stare!

Latest posts

Back