First foal of the year...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoRebel

Reaction score
First foal of the year out of the mares my mom and I co-own... Frosty presented this morning with a nice little colt that looks a lot like her but has his sire's attitude... Frosty is a bay base and carries the greying gene, Buck's sire is a cremello with the dun factor. WHAT COLOR IS HE???

ETA: This mare threw a sorrel sabino pinto in 2006 when bred to a bay pinto.

Introducing: LBS Lil' Buck (Frosty x Painted Perfections Picazzo)

DSC_6539.jpg

DSC_6540.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh congrats! I LOVE
default_wub.png
his coloring!! He looks buckskin with those dark legs and then maybe has the graying gene? I really don't know actually...with the flaxen mane and tail he's throwing me off. Could your mare also maybe have the silver gene and then your colt has the silver gene? Maybe there's someone else out there that will help out better than me!

Ok, so the consensus that I've gotten through here and my horsey friends is that he's a Silver Buckskin, maybe with the greying gene. I'll post more pictures when he unfolds and momma is comfortable with us mucking with him.

He does look to be silver buckskin, very pretty!!
default_yes.gif
Congratulations, I can't wait to see more pics of him!
default_smile.png

It's a Nikon D70, the model isn't available anymore, but the D80 is probably comparable.
default_yes.gif

"Congratulations!" Tiffani and Heidi on a handsome little man!!
default_aktion033.gif

Not sure of color but I will go with silver buckskin - it does seem that about the time we figure out the color on these babies then they change. :DOH! Regardless of color he is a nice baby and he has such a pretty little head.
default_yes.gif

Looks like a pretty special little guy to me! My guess is buckskin too, I'd love to see pictures when he's a little older too!

default_saludando.gif
Hey Tiff, Congrats on the pretty, I mean handsome boy!!!
default_wub.png
He sure is a looker
default_yes.gif
You know me, I am not good with colors, just had to add congrats!!! How's the boys?? Take care,
default_wink.png
You know you could always send him out this way
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
He is adorable!!!! With that white mane, I think he may be sooty palomino, too and looks maybe dun factored, too?
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back