First foal for Sagebrush.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
I watched this mare all night last night for her to foal this morning! :DOH! She refused to foal in the foaling stall. She wanted to be in her house. Textbook delivery and he was trying to nurse as soon as I got the sac off his head. He's been eating a lot! He isn't very big though. Feather is only 32" tall. He's unfolded a bit more now so I'll have to get new photos. He has a tiny little muzzle. No official name yet. He was born on Cinco de Mayo but the other one born the same date 2 years ago got that name. He has to have something with "red" in it.

Momma's first kiss;

red01.jpg

All dried off

red02.jpg

Congrats! I always enjoy seeing your little mules.
default_yes.gif
You could use Rojo in his name to go with Cinco de Mayo and red.

Rojo's a good idea, I'm also finding myself thinking of mariachi bands and sombreros. What a darling little boy!

Leia

Colorado is also a red color in spanish! In fact if I remember right it is the descriptive for Chestnut.

Congratulations, he is a doll!!
default_aktion033.gif
How about "Red Rojo" or "Reddy Rojo"?

Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

So cute, with those long ears!!!

(I am not familiar with mini mules.... are their sizes comparable to the mini horses??)

-Becky

You always have the most gorgeous mules!! I'm used to the big ones I see locally, and they don't even hold a candle to your little guys!
default_wub.png

critters010.jpg

[quote name='BeckyG' date='May 6 2008, 11:39 AM' post='1014557'

(I am not familiar with mini mules.... are their sizes comparable to the mini horses??)

This is Betsy, all 33 inches of her.

I think we're in love!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Maybe Sagebrush's Senor Rojo?

What a cutie, and so refined! There are some down the road from us and the folks there probably think I'm a potential horse/mule thief LOL. I always have to slow down and ogle the babies from the road:)

Jan

Thanks! I'm really happy with this boy. He's an even deeper red today. As far as mini mules vs mini horses.....they are very similar. Mine are 29" up to 37". My jack is 33". The biggest difference is that the mules can be up to 48" and still be miniature. I'm trying to keep mine under 38" for sure.

Jan.....you really need one of these. Their personalities are SO special. They are much more loving than a horse....really.......
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back