First Fireworks Photos from my new DSLR camera - picture intensive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunQuest

Reaction score
I would have posted these a few days ago, but was just to busy to get them resized. For Christmas I bought myself an upgrade to my DSLR camera system. I don't have any regrets in the least about spending that money. Boy do the colors just pop in my photos, although resizing them for this forum makes them loose some of the colors and a lot of the texture. The ones posted here are a little less and 1/5th of the original size! The ONLY changes made to these photos was the resizing of the pictures. NO adjustments to the colors, brightness, or contrast made.

This first one was one of the pictures that I took of a large fountain style fireworks display in the center of the racetrack. The rest of the pictures were from directly overhead as the fireworks literally exploded directly above me, so I couldn't get any forground in the pictures.

For those with a DSLR that are wanting technical information, here it is: Mounted to a sturdy tripod, I used a Nikon D300 with an 18mm-70mm nikkor lens. The camera was in full manual mode with the focal distance set just short of infinity. The ISO was set at 200 which I find to be a good for fireworks on this camera. I did not have any noise reduction enabled as this camera seems to perform very well with these settings without it. Following each picture is the aperture, shutter settings and the focal length that I used.

MeridianFireworks1-copyright2008-ny.jpg

F/8 for 2 seconds, focal length 70mm

MeridianFireworks2-copyright2008-ny.jpg

F/8 for 4 seconds, focal length 27mm

MeridianFireworks3-copyright2008-ny.jpg

MeridianFireworks4-copyright2008-ny.jpg

MeridianFireworks5-copyright2008-ny.jpg

MeridianFireworks6-copyright2008-ny.jpg

MeridianFireworks7-copyright2008-ny.jpg

MeridianFireworks8-copyright2008-ny.jpg

MeridianFireworks9-copyright2008-ny.jpg

F/11 for 2.5 seconds, focal length 18mm

And finally, my personal favorite of the night:

MeridianFireworks10-copyright2008-ny.jpg

F/11 for 2.5 seconds, focal length 18mm

Nila

Those are awesome!!!!!!!

Gini

Very neat pictures and very pretty. We just bought a new camera and it is a lot of fun to play around with them. We still have a few kinks to work out. (user problem
default_biggrin.png
)

Nila -

I know ... I sound like a broken record (can we still use that phrase?!) --- but I just LOVE your photography!!! You are REALLY talented! Do you ever enter into on-line competitions? You should!

Liz R.

Bee-utiful!!! Makes me feel as tho I'm right there...minus the boom of course!
default_biggrin.png

Ohhhhhh Ahhhhhhh nothing like a good Nikon imho...exquisite shots!

[SIZE=12pt]
default_new_shocked.gif
Wow those came out veryyy nice, and clear!
[/SIZE]

I took some pix 4th of July, but none came out that nice.

default_yes.gif
good job!

Ash

Thanks Everyone. I just love to share the pictures. I haven't entered any online contests as I want to make sure that I retain my copyrights. Often with contests online, the company sponsoring the contest then gets to use the photos as they see fit on their site.

Debs, Yes, I love Nikon cameras and their quality. My dad has a Nikon 35mm film camera that he bought in the early 1960's and it still works and has NEVER been repaired. Yes, he used it a lot and it was even out on the polar ice caps above Alaska when my dad was stationed there. The best thing is that all the lenses will work on the dslr as long as I put the camera in full manual mode! Amazing that 40 to 50 year old lenses are still interchangeable!

Jesper! Nice to hear from you! I am not online as much as I used to be so have probably missed a few of your posts.

BannerBrat,

Post some of yours anyway. I would love to see them! Of course I only posted my best shots... I have many more that are not so spectacular!

Latest posts

Back