first approved Friesian Stallion bred/raised in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twister

Reaction score
Congratulations go out to the Witteveens of Paris, Ontario (fellow members of TriCounty Carriage Driving Association) for having the first stallion in North America to be approved by the stud book (for Friesians), The stallions have to go through testing for conformation, sperm motility and approved xrays before being accepted for 70 days of testing where they look at everything from stall behaviour, to way of going and ability to perform in sporting events. Michiel went through the vigorous testing in California and he will be staying there to continue his training in Dressage and compete in FEI dressage .Michiel is a 4 year old stallion and is trained in harness and under saddle. Visit his website atMy Webpage and if you click on the photos page there is a video of him moving that will give you goosebumps. He is a magnificient animal.

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

[SIZE=36pt] A-M-A-Z-I-N-G [/SIZE]

Karla He is amazing, to go through and qualify it is the Witteveen's lifetime dream. To watch him move is like poetry in motion
default_yes.gif

Yvonne

WOW-
default_yes.gif
what a gorgeous animal. congrats
default_aktion033.gif
dionne

He was a pleasure to watch! Fantastic Stud!

Now if only our minis could move like that under the harness...
default_rolleyes.gif

Totally Agree with you Jessica, and would he make a great liberty horse
default_new_shocked.gif
I love Friesians, favorite breed, besides the minis!

WOW. Just watched the video of him.........They have a lot to be proud about! He's wonderful!

The harness pictures are excellent. I'm a little surprised that he's the first one, I know my trainer breeds Friesians and her stallion Rembrandt has gone through the 70 day testing and done well. Maybe he's not American born?
default_wacko.png

Congratulations to you friends in any case, that's fantastic!
default_aktion033.gif

Leia

WOW, They are one of my favorite horse breeds, just amazingly beautiful, and it is like they know it, so they show off more lol. Congrats to them!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

He's HOT!
default_drool5.gif

At a recent all breeds horse show in Australia, 2 friesians got loose. They both came racing towards me and the crowd. It was the most amazing sight. So powerful, yet so graceful.

If I had the chance to own a BIG horse, one of these guys would be on the top of my list.

Latest posts

Back