First 2007 foal is here at Hairicane

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
Well our 2007 foaling season started off with a bang. I wake up wed Jan 31st to the sound of the water pump running and running, uh oh. Found a goat had jumped the fence and landed on 1 of our water faucets and broke it. Only goat didnt make it all the way over and was hanging by 1 back leg caught in the top of fence in the middle of an 8 foot high spray of water. It would have been funny if the goat wasnt caught and in trouble. Had to cut the fence to get it out. Soon as I saw the goat had not broken its leg I looked around all the pastures as I do every morning during foaling season. And I saw a very small horse in the back pasture, oops! I had planned to move that mare to the birthing pens the next day as she only had a tiny start of a bag and every year in the past she gets a GIANT bag before foaling. Once again she proved u just cant tell when they are gonna foal!!! Thank God mom and baby are fine.

Meet Momma Midnight and her new jet black appy son. He has white under the black coat so will most likely end up a near leopard. Proud new DAD is Bart, a black fewspot appy and this is his 1st foal on the ground. Bart is bred to quite a few mares this year and if this is any indication its gonna be a fun foaling season
default_yes.gif
:

midbrtcoltslepnewcute13107.jpg

midbartcoltmomstandokposenew13107.jpg

midbartmomcoltstdbacklegswayoutnew.jpg

midnightbartcoltmomrunrearsnew13107.jpg

This is a pix of Bart bucking and showing off after he saw his son.

bartrunfobartrunfromrear13107.jpg

The colors are off in these pix as I had to lighten them quite a bit. Mom, Dad and baby are all black! He is just a few hours old in these pix and look at the last photo. U can see he doesnt know what to do with all those legs yet, LOL.

I have 2 other mares that could foal any minute and 1 I just found her this morning with a small bag. This is a mare that was vet checked OPEN last may
default_unsure.png
: . Thats ok I like those kind of mistakes! But it sure was a good thing I was checking.

Our news is not all good though. Hubby Paul is having some health problems and after I finally was able to drag him to the Doctors they found some problems. So we have been to many Doctors and I think we actually LIVE at the imaging center we have been there for so many tests. I say WE because if I didnt take him and pretty much push him in the door he would never make it inside the offices. He will be having some kind of surgery sometime soon and Im worried about the pregnant mares that we normally never leave alone but Im more worried about Paul! So I just pray that Paul will be able to be treated and end up ok. If I cant get horse sitters for all the times we will have to be gone I will just have to tell the mares to cross their legs till I get back home
default_wacko.png
:. I never thought I would be saying that but hubbie has to come 1st.

Congrats on a healthy colt!! What a cutie-pie too!
default_wub.png
: Sorry to hear about your Hubby Paul. I hope all goes well with him......and quickly so the mares can uncross their legs. Wish I live nearer and could help you out. :bgrin

:aktion033: WOW he sure is a looker... makes me glad miss frosty dear was exposed to him :bgrin now to hope she took... waiting waiting waiting lol

Hope things with Paul go good, email me or IM me if you ever need or want to talk as always

::hugs::

Congratulations on a very handsome little man! He's precious. I hope your hubby gets well soon. I'll be keeping you both in my prayers.

Jodi

Congratulations on your beautiful new colt.

What an adorable boy! Congratulations. :aktion033: and prayers for you and your husband in these times ahead.

He looks very nice, i like him allot. Congrats on a healthy happy new farm. :aktion033: :aktion033:
default_smile.png

Leeana

I love him !! What a beautiful baby boy and wow he will really have the color. Congratulations !!!

Wow, look at those legs!!!! Congratulations!!!!

default_wub.png
: Very cute colt.We are glad mare and foal are okay.

We will be praying for Paul for quick recovery.

take care,

melissa

Wow! What a beautiful appaloosa colt! I'm an "appaloosa lover," and my dream one day is to own a gorgeous few-spot appaloosa stallion!
default_rolleyes.gif
: Sending prayers your way for your husband.

Pam

Latest posts

Back