First 08 Foal for Mountain Spring Miniatures!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvponies

Reaction score
Poes Petite Pretender and MRF Designs Painted Raven are proud to introduce their first foal.....a black pinto colt born on 3/24 at 11:40 AM.

What a morning!! Went down to check on Raven at 11:30 yesterday morning before I got on a call for work at 12:00. She's standing in an open stall with 2 feet sticking out her back end and 2 yearlings standing there staring at her!! I grabbed a lead rope and took her into her stall. She laid down, one push and a black pinto colt was born!!! This was the easiest foaling I ever attended and almost totally missed!! For once I was actually in the right place at the right time!!! Raven is being a great first time mom. I've never seen a mare lick and lick her baby like Raven did. The colt is doing well. Raven showed no signs of labor yesterday morning when I fed her and let her out. Her belly wasn't dropped and I expressed milk and it was still clear. I left the barn at about 8:00 after feeding and the colt was born at 11:40. Whew!! Exciting morning!

The following pictures are from today on his first big outing into the big world!!! I'm not the best photographer and Raven was trying her darndest to keep him away from me and keep him moving!!! So sorry the pictures are so big. Every time I try to resize them in Photo Bucket, it takes my IE down. Haven't yet added these to my web site yet.

ravenscolt3-255.jpg

ravencolt3-254.jpg

ravenscolt3-257.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

He's beautiful and I think you got really nnice pictures!! Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Big Congratulations Kim now if our maiden would be just as cooperative. What a doll baby. Hes a pistol. Have been waiting patiently for the pics. Nice little boy!!!!!!!

What a cutie and so nicely marked. Congratulations!

Congratulations on an adorable little man! Love that black/white just like his Momma!!

What an awesome way to have a foal!! So glad you were there and everything turned out good!!

You know I have a lovely little appy mare that came from your place - MTN SPRINGS GOLDEN HALO.

I absolutely love her!!

Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

What a pretty little chap, and so evenly marked as well!

Anna

Donna.....I was asking Jennifer just yesterday how Halo was doing and if she ended up being bred for this year. Jennifer said she's doing great at your place and looks very pregnant!! Can't wait to see her baby!! I remember crying when I helped her mom Angel foal Halo when I saw how beautiful she was!! If I remember correctly it was around 3:30 AM when she was born. Those were the days before I had a wireless barn cam and I spent Hours down at the barn waiting on Angel to foal. So glad to hear she's doing well with you and that you love her!!
default_wub.png

CONGRATULATIONS on your handsome new colt! So glad all went wel...don;t you wish they were all as uneventful?!?

default_wub.png
I love his markings!! So cute !!!! Congrats!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back