Fires in Texas....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
It worries me, watching the news showing the widespread fires in Texas...sure would appreciate hearing any news from anyone who knows what is actually happening 'on the ground' there! SO much is at stake...property, but most importantly, LIVES, of people AND their horses and other animals...

Thanks for any news,

Margo(whose elderly aunt lost her house early this spring in far West Texas to wildfire)

It looks awful down there. We have been having fires here in OK, but nothing compared to what they are experiencing. CNN was reporting over 1000 homes burned so far this year.
default_new_shocked.gif
I pray for those families.

Goodness, I hope no one took my post to mean that I was not also concerned about the recent incidence of fires in OK! When I could, I kept up with the entire thread about the Luptons; my heart and prayers were with them, and I was GREATLY relieved when Charlotte posted about their experience, and that they and the horses were OK and able to return home(my computer has been out of whack for days now; 'can't connect' to the internet, then can, but not well;email messed up, websites just won't load, can't post on places I am member of...maddening!). Now AGAIN,the terrible fact of fires in yet another state where many of our forum members live and have their horses, is in the forefront of the news.Seems like it has been just an AWFUL year for destructive natural disaster of about every kind; my heart and prayers for relief and help are with everyone, everywhere, who has suffered from these events!

And I still would appreciate any news from anyone in the affected areas...

Margo

We are about 10 miles South of the massive fire in Magnolia (Montgomery/Grimes county). Lots of friends up in the woods there. We have 1 evacuee (and her horses, goats, dogs, cats and birds) staying with us. Its burned about 1600 acres and about 80 homes but the news says they have it contained. Hopefully the wind will stay calm and they can get it put out.

At least the weather is cool. Now if it would just rain
default_yes.gif

The recent news here in the UK has been featuring the horrific fires over with you folks in the US.

My thought and prayers are with you all, praying for the safety of yourselves, your families and friends and all your animals.
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back