FIREFOX USERS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 488

Reaction score
OK.....I finally got smart and downloaded Firefox which I heard was much faster than Internet Explorer. Wow........they weren't kidding. The only problem I am having with it is staying logged in to LB. I have gone to the LB help page on staying logged in.

Now I know the whole deal with your Privacy Setting and checking accepting COOKIES and THIRD PARTY COOKIES. So that is not my problem. Both are checked in my Security box.

I have made sure I am not logged into the Forum through Internet Explorer in case that is an issue.

Even if I leave Firefox and bring it back up WITHOUT shutting my machine down it still makes me log in again. And yes, I have the Forum box checked to keep me logged in.

So is there anyone else out their with FIREFOX that can help me out? This is driving me :arg! because LB is the only place I seem to be having this problem.

Thanks........
default_smile.png

Carol

Thanks Vickie. Maybe someone else has the answers because I'm exhausted. I've never had a problem solving computer issues but this one has me
default_gaah.gif

All in all I won't be using IE if I can help it. I can't believe it took me this long to move away from that web browser.
default_wacko.png

It does that for me to. But I have more issues with it shuting my internet down all together.

Thanks Ashley. I have no other problems with it other than LB! UGH!

I had this happen too with the most recent version. Heres the fix for most users

go to

TOOLS

then

OPTIONS

then

PRIVACY

Check the cookie setting drop down box. If yours is like mine it was set to "clear everytime I shut down firefox" Just change that setting and you should be good to go

Kay

Thanks Kay but that is not my problem either as mine is set on Keep until: THEY EXPIRE. UGH.

So you are saying that you do not have to log in every time? Wonder why some of us are having this problem?

This is what it says about my version........

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8

It says there are no updates for this.

Are you running the same one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did try Firefox when others suggested it.

Just make sure u back up everything.

I went back to Explorer firefox might be faster, but had a problem with waves and getting on and staying on to web sites. The browser was down for a long period of time also.

Good Luck

I use Firefox. I do remember having a problem logging in a couple of years ago.

Does Firefox ask you if you want it to remember the password that you filled in for the web site? When it does, always check "yes".

I just got a new laptop, ( other one died, so I lost all my bookmarks...UGH !!!) downloaded Firefox, chose my theme, ( I like the Cats) and went to Lil B, (had to use the search feature...sigh) it asked if I wanted to remember the password, and I haven't had to log in since.

Sue

edited to add: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8

Thanks Sue. I think you are on to something!
default_laugh.png
I know it has asked me that for other sites so now I will have to figure out how to get it to ask me that for LB! THANKS! I will post back if that works.

Well Sue, that wasn't it
default_laugh.png
. All it did was take me to the log in page and it just filled my password in for me. But I had to click to log in.

But I think I have figured it out.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

I went to TOOLS.

Then I clicked on PAGE INFORMATION. (not OPTIONS)

Then click on PERMISSIONS

Then where it says "SET COOKIES" check ALLOW!!!!!!

You have to make sure that you have also allowed the cookies in your OPTIONS>>>>>>PRIVACY also.

But so far I have logged off and I'm back without having to log in again!

Hope that works, Carol. It was something in the Tools that I had to do before. Maybe that's what it was, I don't remember. Sure hope that works for you!!

And for other Firefox users, a neat thing is the toolbar....when you save a page, website, etc., you can have it put in the toolbar for fast clicking. The name can easily be shortened. I have 9 of my favorite websites on my toolbar. Because, as you know........it takes soooooooooo long
default_rolleyes.gif
to click on Bookmarks and have to actually take the time to scroll down to find the website....
default_rolleyes.gif
LOL

Sue

Just thought of something else........add the "Colorful Tabs" option......I love the tabs being different colors.

Thanks Sue. Yes, it does work. I shut down my computer and it still works. And THANKS for the tip on the bookmarks. I just checked it out! That will really come in handy because like you said......it takes soooooooooo long to scroll down to find the website!
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back