Fire at Little King

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belinda

Reaction score
I just spoke with Marianne and everyone is ok, it was the house ONLY , not the barn as reported by some. Marianne and Ed were the only ones in the house . The fire started about 4 AM . Please keep them in your prayers.

I'm glad that they're okay. So tragic a firefighter died though. My heart goes out to his family.

I'm glad they and the horses are okay. It's very sad about the firefighter.
default_sad.png

Oh no how scary and sad for all involved

I am so sorry for the firefighter and his family as well.

What a tragedy. So glad everyone is okay. That was a beautiful house. My heart goes out to the Eberths and to the firefighter's family. So very sad. I also heard that all their horse records were in the house! THAT's a nightmare in itself.

How awful! Glad they and the horses are alright, but so very sorry to hear that a firefighter lost his life. Praying for his family.

Glad to hear that the Eberts got out safely. Material things can be replaced.

It is with great sadness that a firefighter lost his life doing what he was trained to do--come to the aid of others. My heartfelt thoughts and prayer to his family, firehouse, and friends who lost a special person in the line of duty, doing what he probably loved to do--fight fire. Rest in Peace for a job well done firefighter!!!!

Oh no, how awful! My condolences to the Eberths, and to the family of the brave firefighter who lost his life battling the blaze. A tragedy all around.....
default_sad.png

Our condolences and prayers for all involved.

J Jay & Kim Porter

My heart goes out to the Eberths and to the family of the fireman. What a tragedy.

Thank Goodness everyone and all the horses are safe and our prayers go out to the Eberth's as they face such a task of re-building their home!!! Such a loss for the fireman's family.....our prayers go out to them, also....the paperwork for the horses will be a nightmare!!! Hopefully the registries can do something to ease the burden of duplicating all those certificates!!!

Let us know what we, your friends and forum friends, can do to help!!!!

What an awful thing to happen! Thankfully the Eberths got out safely - like someone said "material things can be replaced."

So sorry to hear about the firefighter losing his life - what an awful thing for his family.

It certainly makes a person appreciate every day and helps us to realize the important things in our lives.

While I am relieved that the Eberths are fine, I cannot help but think of the sadness, the loss of that man and his loved ones' pain.

I truly appreciate all that emergency workers do, and when their luck runs out, I know it likely doesn't make it any easier, if anything it is harder to lose these exceptional people; they are the epitome of what we want for our friends, neighbors and fellow citizens: Brave, strong, and dependable. He will be missed even by those of us that did not personally know him.

I hope that all involved can find some measure of peace in this difficult time.

Liz M.

Per our local noon news - A second firefighter is in serious condition from trying to rescue the one killed. Please pray for him. The first firefighter (33) was killed by a flashover that came through a hallway. The fire was about 1400 degrees (average is about 700 degrees)........ Yes, material things can be replaced. Please pray for the families of these brave firefighters........... Below is our local news link but no update as of yet............................ http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/1...re.8f9845c.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers sent up for the families involved.....

Very sorry to read this but glad to hear everything is under control.

Joyce L

Having family that was in the fire department, I know that their life insurance policies are not always that great. I am sure that the Eberth family are devastated, but have insurance to cover the loss of the material things. I would like anyone that can find out- to post a address that I can to send a donation to the family of the lost fireman & the one that is currently in the hospital to help them in this time of need. Fire is always a great fear of anyone with family & barns, so any way that we can show our appreciation to those that put their lives on the line to help us when we need it most has my vote. So if anyone can find out if a fund has been set up for these families, please post it, this mini lover will be sending a donation & I encourage the rest of you to do what your heart tells you.

Back