Finished my puzzle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
I finished this puzzle awhile ago but we finally got it glued down and framed. I LOVE it! The moment I saw it I knew that I wanted it on my wall!

What do you think?

DSC07597.jpg

Very beautiful Arabian mare and foal! Good job.

Thanks!

I am very pleased with it although I have to adjust the nail so that it doesn't show at the top.

That is beautiful. How did you glue it together? I have a couple ideas but not sure if any of them would work.

That is beautiful! I LOVE doing puzzles. Where did you get that one if you don't mind me asking?

I love that, Brandi!!!! I have not ever seen a puzzle framed before, and that is GORGEOUS!!!!
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

How do you get them framed like yours? I'd love to have somethng like that here and for my office both
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat puzzle.

The craft stores sell a special glue for just that purpose. I think Modge Podge works too. Anything that dries clear. I've glued puzzles together before but never had them framed. It looks really good!

Thats a beautiful puzzle! And I really love the frame you used...the color is perfect. You can buy puzzle saver at the craft stores or craft department of your shopping stores....and mode podge works just as well. I have that same print that I made into a decoupaged, lacy table top piece.

Gorgeous Brandi! I want that in my house!

It is beautiful, how long did that take you? Every time I decide I have the patience to try a heavy-duty puzzle some cat or dog or person eats a piece or messes it up.
default_rolleyes.gif

Hi guys!

Thanks so much!

When I was little my dad bought me some puzzles and after we finished them he glued them on cardboard for me. Even into my adult life I still love doing puzzles.

I found this puzzle online one day. I was just searching under "horse puzzles" or "puzzles with horses" and found it. But I didn't buy it online. When I went to Texas I found it in a store on the River Walk. I just thought it was so beautiful. I wouldn't want to frame just any puzzle but I really felt that this one was very nice.

I always lose at least one piece to each puzzle I do. It's so annoying when that happens and I did lose one piece of this puzzle. But lucky for me my father is quite creative. He cut out a piece of cardboard in the shape of the piece missing. Then he painted it to match the color in the puzzle. You can't even tell unless you are really looking for it and even then it takes you a minute or two to find it. I know where it is and I still have to look for it. You cannot find the piece now that it is in the frame.

I got the frame at Target believe it or not. It was $20 bucks! It is not glass which was disappointing but you can't tell that it's a plastic front.

My dad helped me glue it. Since I know how to do it now I doubt he will do it next time though
default_rolleyes.gif
He used something called 3M spray adhesive. I put all my puzzles together on a piece of cardboard. That way it's easy to move around because I don't have a craft table. To glue it, he put another piece of cardboard on top of the puzzle and was then able to flip it over without it coming apart. Then he sprayed the back of the puzzle with the 3M and also the other piece of cardboard. Once both were sprayed he placed the cardboard on the puzzle and pressed down. He let it dry for a day or two and then cut the extra cardboard trim off.

This puzzle probably took me 4 months to do but that is because I would only work on it every now and then. It was a little difficult because it didn't have a lot of color variation.

Now I just have to find another puzzle that is "frame worthy"
default_yes.gif

Sterling...

What is a "decoupaged, lacy table top piece"? Do you have any pics? I would love to see it
default_yes.gif

Thats a beautiful puzzle! And I really love the frame you used...the color is perfect. You can buy puzzle saver at the craft stores or craft department of your shopping stores....and mode podge works just as well. I have that same print that I made into a decoupaged, lacy table top piece.

Brandi, I decoupaged this image onto a piece of wood, stiffened a doily and then set it on an easel. The pic does not pic up the delicacy and shine of it very well. I also layered a background before decoupaging it onto the wood.

mareFoal.jpg

Also here's another piece I did in a Victorian motiff.

GryHrse.jpg

Ooooh those are really neat Sterling
default_yes.gif
Thanks for posting the pics of them! Very nice
default_aktion033.gif

Oh 'Brandi*' that looks amazing, my husband and I did one together about 2 years ago, he got it for me as one of my xmas gifts, it was nice to do something like this, but have not yet got it framed, I will be looking for a frame now... thanks, Our puzzle is 20x30

Here is ours! Hope you do not mind me sharing?
default_wub.png

Hard to find a frame that size? any suggestions?

Horsepuzzle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OOHHH Reble! That is very nice!!!!! I know Target had even bigger frames but I'm not sure how big. I had even thought of buying a cheap picture from Ross and using the frame for my puzzle. They usually have VERY nice frames with pictures in them for very cheap. That will look very nice framed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing it
default_yes.gif

Oh 'Brandi*' that looks amazing, my husband and I did one together about 2 years ago, he got it for me as one of my xmas gifts, it was nice to do something like this, but have not yet got it framed, I will be looking for a frame now... thanks, Our puzzle is 20x30Here is ours! Hope you do not mind me sharing?
default_wub.png

Hard to find a frame that size? any suggestions?

Horsepuzzle.jpg

Latest posts

Back